Pickles

Those quail eggs look so good. Been threatening getting more quails just for that reason.

We put up 7 quarts of bread and butter to only find out my idiot dad screwed them up. I was sterilizing the jars while dad was making the brine. He had filled one of his empty vinegar jugs with water for some oddball reason. Well he used a mix of vinegar and water, the pickles taste ok but a day later are mushy. I don't trust them to keep. I did make him sit over to the side while I made 7 quarts of spicy pickles last night. Still no clue why he filled a jug up, didn't relabel it, and sit it with the other jugs. Honestly the older he gets I think the more he starts acting like a child.

The heat has killed just about everything but my peppers and okra.

They look yummy!
Those quail eggs look so good. Been threatening getting more quails just for that reason.

We put up 7 quarts of bread and butter to only find out my idiot dad screwed them up. I was sterilizing the jars while dad was making the brine. He had filled one of his empty vinegar jugs with water for some oddball reason. Well he used a mix of vinegar and water, the pickles taste ok but a day later are mushy. I don't trust them to keep. I did make him sit over to the side while I made 7 quarts of spicy pickles last night. Still no clue why he filled a jug up, didn't relabel it, and sit it with the other jugs. Honestly the older he gets I think the more he starts acting like a child.

Thank you both 😊 good luck with your dad !

Forgive your Dad. He's doing the best he can. It's not easy getting old. I know as I'm 71 now and feel it in my bones. Give him a little slack and be kind. He's the only Dad you get in this life! He needs your love more now than ever. :hugs

Forgive your Dad. He's doing the best he can. It's not easy getting old. I know as I'm 71 now and feel it in my bones. Give him a little slack and be kind. He's the only Dad you get in this life! He needs your love more now than ever. :hugs

He's 65 and ribs on me as much as I do him. If I didn't like him I sure wouldn't have moved next door to him.

Back
Top Bottom