pics for BamaChicken!!!(updated pics pg 3) 14 babies total!!!!

therealsilkiechick

ShowGirl Queen
12 Years
Jul 18, 2007
Northwestern, pa
here is some pics for julie, i have in RIR single/ rosecomb eggs, silkies and blue/black/splash and mottled orps from her in the hatcher hatching today. got lots of pips, i'm so excited!!

so far to hatch is 2 single comb rir and 1 rosecomb rir, here is my new gorgous babies had to share with everyone!! they r so chubby lol, i love it!! these r my first standards to hatch since last year i forgot how sweet and cute they r i'm so used to bantams now. these r my first rir to ever hatch and just gorgous little ones!! will update pics after some more hatch. yep it's been a fast 3 weeks,lol.
smile.png

thanks julie!!!
silkie

the rosecomb is the one on the right.
HPIM1454.jpg

here is another pic one of the rir single combs look how sweet they r!!
HPIM1456.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooohhhh!!!!! Our babies are related!!! I have a dozen of Julie's RIRs in my incubator right now, they went in on Thursday at 6am! Mine weren't marked RC or SC so it'll be a toss-up determining who is who. Do they look any different to you? Is there any way to know which is which?

I'm so excited to see yours, MORE PICS!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

mine were marked rir only. she has a pair in there that r rosecomb so i knew there was a chance and i was sure hopeing!!! but she hadn't been hatching out the rose ones. 6 out of 6 eggs were all fertile!!!! actually rosecomb is very rare and i about died when i saw it, gosh is it adorable!!

yes the single comb the comb looks like a row of little spikes like a normal looking comb and the rosecomb is flat and wider with little teeny just barly noticeable bumps.

i have 6 more rir and orps hatching now i'm so excited!!! i will definately take more pics! see if i can get a good shot of the comb difference. u should know soon as hatched if there is any.
will keep ya updated!!
silkie

more babies!!! will edit and add pics soon as uploaded to photobucket. next one to hatch was a splash orp and the next one is a single comb rir. there is silkies starting to pip now, yeah!! there is another orp egg pipped and 2 more rir's pipped and not sure how many silkies!!

they r very healthy and strong chicks and so chubby looking i love it, just gorgous babies!! i think i'm more excited than the kid's,lol.
big_smile.png

silkie

OMG, THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

YOU CAN TELL RIGHT AWAY?!?!?! YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Oh, yes, PLEASE post any pics you can so I know what to look for!! OMG, THIS IS AWESOME!!!! Now I'm totally excited and I still have weeks to go!!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

yes u can tell but i can't pic it up on the cam other than it looks like a wider pink comb. it is almost totally flat the others all stick up in a row. all 6 rir eggs hatched woot!!! 1 of 6 is a rosecomb, that is just awesome!!! i'll take pics 4 u as it grows mabe in a few days it will show better in a pic.

talk about fertile 100% hatch on them rir babies shipped, julie ur breeders r very fertile!! outstanding job!!!
wee.gif

alright so now that more have hatched that makes 6 rir total and a splash orp and a blue orp. i can't wait to see what else hatches!!!
fl.gif
come on little babies!

i have lots of pics but to long with dial up to add to photobucket one at a time even so will add them to my site and update over the next few days. there i can upload 5 at a time and not near as long.
silkie

HPIM1468.jpg

HPIM1476.jpg

last baby is still in the hatcher.

I love those pretty chicks. I am so glad you hatched rosecomb. I had very sad news this morning. When my husband went to the pen I had moved my RC and hen to He was dead a doornail. Made me sick. He has been as healthy as a horse. No signs of disease, I know he wasn'st wormy. His feathers were so shiny and brillant looking and his legs awesome. He must have had a heart attack or something. He was fine yesterday and crowing up a storm, trying to fight with the roos next to him. The good news is one of my good friends has his offspring and he is almost five months old as I hatched him in Oct. and she doesn't want to keep the Cockerals. I am going to get him I think unless I decide not to keep RIR's and just concentrate on Orps and silkies. Hard decision. His name was Kyle and he was a fine Roo.

Back
Top Bottom