1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

(Pics)HELP, Am I crazy?? Chicken has not laid egg, no Signs off egg binding, or lethargy!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by redrstr29, Sep 13, 2015.

1. redrstr29

redrstr29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Thank YOU thats just the tip of the iceberg... I have a pool n patio with has over 100 pots outlining it.. Begonia, angel trumpets etc.[​IMG]It's a full time job in itself. Ill put up some more pics when its daylight lol
    I know I hate emotions!! Usually when I get fed up and there's 7 feet of snow outside, there's a mass chicken homicide lol... they are at the end of a 3 acre property... winter isn't fun in CT

2. redrstr29

Mar 19, 2013
    They are begonias, the simple ones... so easy to maintain drought tolerant (up to a certain extent) not hard to grow at allll

3. redrstr29

Mar 19, 2013
    [​IMG]

4. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    I may have to look into growing them here. My soil is horrid though so amending it and amending it and amending it and lol running out of money for flowers.

5. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    That is one spectacular blooming bonanza there. I am still on the amending phase and finding a lot of tree roots I have to work around.

I have to go for tonight time to lock the ladies in.

6. redrstr29

Mar 19, 2013
    OMG MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYY I have all expensive hobbies, why cant I just collect stamps or matchbooks hahahaha. If I told you what I spend a year on annuals you'll send the men with the nets after me!!!

OK have fun I'll keep y'all updated.

My secret to blooms is putting a scoop of the rock fertilizer in a watering can (or the miracle grow attachment) mixing it with water in the can and watering with that weekly or using the attachment on the hose!!! I never had burn out!!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  7. chickmomma03

chickmomma03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2015
    North Carolina
    Quote: Um, collecting stamps isn't cheap either, especially if you want to get your hands on the rare (older in pristine condition) ones! I can't seem to find a "cheap" hobby either. Gardening, setting flowerbeds, building things, and now I can add knitting (gasp, I'm not a girlie girl so this is really unusual for me) to that. I'm knitting my son a scarf as we speak (well, taking a quick break then back at it)

8. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I have found that sex link hens lay like crazy for the first year or two than stop, never laying again, then usually they die within a year, don't like them, yours looks to be over a year, maybe two. If the others were messed up internally than odds are she is too. People don't take hens that are producing well to an action. Sorry.

9. redrstr29

Mar 19, 2013
    Jeez nothing is cheap!!! Well at least we're doing healthy things.... I'm actually a registered pharmacist with a 6 year degree and I took two years off work due to some let's say health issues.... I do still have my license and will be practicing soon but at much much much less pay rate doing research I just do not want to be in a pharmaceutical setting anymore working with the public made me nuts... I find gardening and animals very very very relaxing... it's an outlet for me and my grandmother lived with us as a kid and we always had chickens, rabbits etc. And I love seeing the results of my flowers and vegetables I'm good at it and I usually get the results I want it's so fulfilling... knitting isn't even cheap anymore my sister in law does it that yarn is expensive

10. redrstr29

Mar 19, 2013
    You are right that one hen I have a picture of has to be old.... the other ones the darker ones our 5 month old they haven't started laying yet

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by