Pics of color chickens~Need color chart-Help

RedRoosterFarm

**LOVE MY SERAMAS**
9 Years
Mar 25, 2010
Eatonville, Washington
I am trying to learn the different colors of birds and im so confused! I would love pixs of birds and list the colors too please. There are so many colors of browns,chocolates,buffs and I cant figure what is what. Please help or direct me to a site that has colors and pixs listed.

Ah, well, I guess the best thing to do is ask. Some sites, like the Ameraucana Breeders' Club, or Paul's Poultry, give a good example of certain colors though, but certainly not all.

The best thing to do when it comes to shows is know the breeds and their colors that are accepted. If you have a Standard of Perfection book, it helps a lot. They have illustrations for nearly all the colors of all the recognized breeds.
smile.png
And an in depth description of how the color should look, too.

Quote:
Specify what you mean by brown.

A lot of people are seriously misguided by the color Partridge, that's a for sure thing.

A few people are misguided by Chocolate.

Too many people are misguided by what Brown-Red truly is.

my seramas are all different colors with browns,chocolate,buffs,weaton and when I say I have a buff then someone tells me its something else like weaton. I see a red pyle and I my self see tans and think brown I guess. Its just me and the way I see colors I guess. Maybe im color blind?? Im on feather site looking now.
Quote:
Specify what you mean by brown.

A lot of people are seriously misguided by the color Partridge, that's a for sure thing.

A few people are misguided by Chocolate.

Too many people are misguided by what Brown-Red truly is.

Back
Top Bottom