Pics of color chickens~Need color chart-Help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RedRoosterFarm, Sep 7, 2011.

1. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

I am trying to learn the different colors of birds and im so confused! I would love pixs of birds and list the colors too please. There are so many colors of browns,chocolates,buffs and I cant figure what is what. Please help or direct me to a site that has colors and pixs listed.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Of adults or chicks?

Sadly far as I know there's no good site that shows all that.

3. RedRoosterFarm

Adults-I cant figure colors when entering a fair or show. Thanks!
    Quote:

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Ah, well, I guess the best thing to do is ask. Some sites, like the Ameraucana Breeders' Club, or Paul's Poultry, give a good example of certain colors though, but certainly not all.

The best thing to do when it comes to shows is know the breeds and their colors that are accepted. If you have a Standard of Perfection book, it helps a lot. They have illustrations for nearly all the colors of all the recognized breeds. [​IMG] And an in depth description of how the color should look, too.

5. RedRoosterFarm

I have went to a few sites and everyone is different on the browns it seems. Thanks I will keep looking.

6. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Have you tried Feathersite?

7. RedRoosterFarm

nope but heading their now and thanks

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Specify what you mean by brown.

A lot of people are seriously misguided by the color Partridge, that's a for sure thing.

A few people are misguided by Chocolate.

Too many people are misguided by what Brown-Red truly is.

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Have you tried www.feathersite.com? They have listings of breeds and their varieties under each breed category. There's not a list of all of the colors because it would be a huge list, but that site would be a good start. It's full of pictures.

10. RedRoosterFarm

my seramas are all different colors with browns,chocolate,buffs,weaton and when I say I have a buff then someone tells me its something else like weaton. I see a red pyle and I my self see tans and think brown I guess. Its just me and the way I see colors I guess. Maybe im color blind?? Im on feather site looking now.
    Quote:Specify what you mean by brown.

A lot of people are seriously misguided by the color Partridge, that's a for sure thing.

A few people are misguided by Chocolate.

Too many people are misguided by what Brown-Red truly is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by