Pics of IDEAL poultry chickens??????

Jeff9118

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Greenup KY
Hey I have been thinking about ordering chicks from Ideal Poultry. Mostly bantams but I worry a little since they do not use pics of thier own stock. After seeing this thread I think I might know why. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=164764 If you have ordered chicks from them and now they are adults I would love to see pics of them so please post them. I am most interested in seeing pics of breeds they have claimed to develop since most of what I am interested in are those. I do expect them to be hatchery stock but I am also not in the business of wasting my money. Please post pics good or bad and only of adults. Also add if you ordered others of the same breed and if the pics are of the best ones you recieved or the worst. This is not a thread to badmouth this company or leave negative feedback on them. Lets let the pics speak for themselves. You are welcome to leave positive comments. Lets not have an Ideal bash though. Thank you

Last edited:
My chicks from Ideal are not grown yet, but I am pleased with them so far. My order included 4 self-blue d'Uccles. They all have heavy foot feathering -- can't really tell about the beards and muffs yet!

Just keep in mind that it's a HATCHERY, not a dedicated breeder of a specific breed.

I got Welsummers, Polish and turkens from them they are 6 months old. I will get pictures up later of them. I am happy with mine. The Turkens or naked necks are huge!!

My last order from Ideal came last Sept.

I love my 2 Mille Fleur d'Uccles
10683_pic_24_mar_31_2009.jpg

10683_pic_25_mar_31_2009.jpg

The others are standards.
Cochins-both are bigger & fluffier than my first Cochin that is much older.
10683_pic_08_feb_28_2009.jpg

10683_pic_07_feb_28_2009.jpg

Barred Rock
10683_pic_15_feb_28_2009.jpg

My latest order of 36 chicks from Ideal is supposed to be here tomorrow!

Last edited:
I too got some chicks and ducklings from Ideal and I am very pleased. Of course I am only looking on the petside of things not as a breeder or shower(?). They are about 7 1/2 weeks now and have feathered nicely.
Here are some pics of them including our runner ducks...yes they don't look like showbirds, but they are cute enough for the money I paid.
11732_img_1759.jpg

11732_img_1740.jpg

11732_img_1772.jpg

11732_img_1746.jpg

and here are some pics of my hens and they were from Ideal last year.
11732_img_1240.jpg

11732_img_1273.jpg

Ps I know it seems as if I don't have enough nestingboxes, but I have 5 boxes to 7 ladies, and they all seem to want the same....
Kycklingmamma

Last edited:
I will have to say so far all the ones I am seeing on here look good and like the breed to me so thanks guys and keep the pics coming. What I was interested in the most was the bantam OE in the unusual colors they created themselves. Does anyone have any of them?

kycklingmamma what breed is the buff roo with the speckles in its neck and feathered legs in the center of pic #2?

Last edited:
I've ordered Spitzhaubens from Ideal and they did well even I had to cull alot to get to the specifics for the breed itself.

I had some goreous black Australorp pullets, they were excellent egg layers and beetle black as they can be!

As for the pic, that looks like either a Buff Cochin or Buff Brahma.

I have some 6 week old lemon blue OEGBs and blue tailed mille fleur OEGBs from Ideal. They are fully feathered. The only pics on my computer are from when they were younger. Later this afternoon I'll take some new ones and post them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom