Pics of keets and flock

I've been letting my brooded keets out for four weeks now and and my little coop"orphaned" keets out for a couple weeks and only for 2 or 3 hours at a time. They are still pretty shy and hang together and stay on the edges most of the time
DSC_0024.jpg
. My brooded keets are way more mature and are acting more like guineas than keets.
DSC_0035.jpg
It seems the adults are pushing them away more(chasing and harassing) and they are going their own way more too.
All the adult guineas harass the 'orphaned' guineas some, but ignore them sometimes too. The other day I was herding the orphan 6 back to their coop and and when I got there I encountered my big male and mate in there. I think they use that as their 'Love shack":p.
DSC_0056.jpg
That was his home for a year and a half.

I've been letting my brooded keets out for four weeks now and and my little coop"orphaned" keets out for a couple weeks and only for 2 or 3 hours at a time. They are still pretty shy and hang together and stay on the edges most of the timeView attachment 2317089. My brooded keets are way more mature and are acting more like guineas than keets.View attachment 2317090 It seems the adults are pushing them away more(chasing and harassing) and they are going their own way more too.
All the adult guineas harass the 'orphaned' guineas some, but ignore them sometimes too. The other day I was herding the orphan 6 back to their coop and and when I got there I encountered my big male and mate in there. I think they use that as their 'Love shack":p.View attachment 2317091 That was his home for a year and a half.
Some chasing but not too serious looking. Your pied juveniles aren’t adorable!!! How old are they? So they free range all day? How old are the orphans? Funny pic of the guineas in their Love Shack!

Edit: iPhone autocorrect or clumsy typing??? I meant to say that your pied keets ARE adorable!!!

Last edited:
Some chasing but not too serious looking. Your pied juveniles aren’t adorable!!! How old are they? So they free range all day? How old are the orphans? Funny pic of the guineas in their Love Shack!

Edit: iPhone autocorrect or clumsy typing??? I meant to say that your pied keets ARE adorable!!!
The brooded 4 are 8 weeks and the orphan 6 were eggs that they abandoned so anywhere from 7 weeks to 6 weeks or so old. It was funny the first time all the juvenile keets got together in the thick edges of my woods and I all of a sudden worried how I would tell all these pied birds apart. Then Ebay went in and brought her 4 out as lavender chased the orphan 6 away. I'm hoping all these pied birds will be distinct enough when they get mature for me to tell the difference.
Yep,the 4 are all out by noon every day and even earlier now that its getting dark earlier.

Back
Top Bottom