Pics of my 1st peafowl !!

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
They are 6 months old. I traveled 2 hours to get them. I have no idea if they are male or female. The old man that I got them from had no idea either but he did ensure me that they are Indian Blue's.

6612_peacocks.jpg

Yes, they do look like India blues ,, one of them is split to white and both of them are males.. connerhills

Quote:
Cool!!! You have a sharp eye. I was clueless being as though I am totally new to peafowl. So glad that both of them are male. But I will need to get some hens in the future.

Thanks for your input.

Now you have gone and done it. That's how it starts with peafowl. We started with a pair of India Blues - they turned into a trio, then two pair and this year we kept back 3 more young hens. Along the way we got four 7/8 spaulding and two pair of white.

Everybody loves a pea. lol

Steve

Quote:
X2

FYI, the white wing feather seen on the bird showing on the right is an indicator of the split to white....the angle doesn't look as good for viewing of the other one, does he also have the white wing feather? Also, the barring on the backs is an indicator of male, females will lose the barring by that age. Here is a couple pic of a female IB split to white, she's about a 8 months in these pics

this shows the lack of barring on her back.

31148_dsc_0339.jpg

and you can see the white in her wing on this one, she's the one in the front. The very colorful one to the left is a male IB that was also split white.
31148_dsc_0279.jpg

congrats on your new adventure into peafowl!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom