pics of my chickens

smarsh2

Songster
10 Years
Sep 1, 2009
40382_img_0125.jpg

this is Little Bit she is 22 months old has layed 7 tiny eggs and is half white wyandotte, half brown leghorn.
40382_img_0128.jpg

this is Breech, same age, 3 huge dark brown eggs. oddly she hatched from a very light brown egg. she is red sex link off spring.
40382_img_0123.jpg

this is Rufous, not likely long for this world. but is treating the older gals with a little more repect now.
40382_img_0132.jpg

this is the first of my 4 EEs. they are nearly 2. Her name is Dummy, because she is.
40382_img_0130.jpg

this is Courageous, but she isn't. she is a good layer as is apparent here.
40382_img_0131.jpg

Pearl is the white one; she is a very good layer of large blue eggs.
Curious is in front of her, and she is the benevolent dictator of the yard. But she has never been a great layer.
40382_img_0134.jpg

here is a sampling of their eggs. the brown one is Breech's first eggs. Little Bit is apparently going to continue with the tiny eggs.
40382_img_0129.jpg

and this is their home. the young ones are spending their first night with the old hens. They have lived in my greenhouse until now, but have spent a number of days in an ajacent daytime pin that connects to the secure pin. Then I opened the gate between so they could mingle. They get alon better than I thought they would, but I had the opportunity to do it gradual. the coop is 4 by 6 and you can see the addition i put on it for the winter out of greenhouse left over clear poly. they walk down the plank into it from the coop and around the corner to the run. I will simply unscrew the wall panels and store it for the summer. I intend to remove the nest boxes and reattach them as an exterior wall addition like so many other do, mostly for the added room inside. i want to put more roost inside. there are vents up under the eave on either side that i open or close as the weather dictates.
scott

Back
Top Bottom