Pics of my Hound...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Sparklecoon, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sparklecoon

Sparklecoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    This is Henny my Irish Wolfhound. I'm completely enamoured with this darling. She is the sweetest girl I've ever met.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] I SO wish we could have a dog...but we are allergic to cats first and dogs second. Poor DH was on a nebulizer when we adopted a cat...so we GOT chickens. He has NO reaction whatsoever to the chickens...brooder in the house and all!!

Give Henry a sloppy kiss from us!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  3. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    She is soooo cool! Ever since I gave a wolfhound a bath at a vet's office, I've loved them. Sweet & mellow dogs. [​IMG]

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I've always wanted an irish wolfhound! So beautiful and sweet!

5. frizzylizzy

frizzylizzy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2007
    That is the next dog on my list! I've had 2 afghans (one lived to the ripe old age of 14) and I currently have an italian greyhound. I just love sight hounds! I would also like to have a borzoi and a scottish deerhound. Not everyone has the patience it takes to keep these kind of dogs, although I know that wolfhounds are more mellow than most.

Elizabeth

6. Sparklecoon

Sparklecoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    She's super mellow. Unfortunately, wolfhounds don't have a very long lifespan. I believe it's generally between 6-8years. We adopted her in January at three years old so hopefully she'll live to a ripe ole age.

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Gorgeous dog! I have a Borzoi, but I've always admired the Irish's! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    beautiful hound, I've always admired these dogs and would take one home with me in a minute.

9. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Henny is a VERY lovely girl! Not too long ago I read a novel where the "narrator" was an Irish Wolfhound. It was a wonderful book about the love between human and dog. It was called "Sight Hound". If you like to read, I'd recommend it. [​IMG]

10. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    BAIT and SWITCH!!!!!

I thought I'd get to see some big ole floppy ears, huge sagging jowls, and maybe even a little drool. [​IMG]

BTW she's a good looking happy girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by