Pics of my new snake rack, and some new pics of my snakies

LOL! It weighs a TON. But its really nice. Alsoooo, I got 11 of my babies to eat. 10 are being stubborn and will not, I've scented them with lizard skin, tuna juice, all that random crud I've read and what not, but they just wont eat.
sad.png

Oh, I love the hognose! I found one around here just in time to stop some people from shooting it. They kept telling me I was insane because "It's poisonous, look at its flat head!" Thank goodness I was there for the little guy. I think the people still think I was mistaken when I informed them it wasn't harmful, and it was just mimicking more venomous species.

I've read that they can be difficult to keep in captivity, and that feeding them mice causes kidney complications. Is that the case for yours, or just for the type I found . . . I found an eastern hognose, not a western, so I'm not sure if their diets are different enough that a western can eat mammals without problems? If it's also true for westerns, what is your feeder source? Prices for feeder frogs are astronomical for my tight budget, and I doubt I could manage to catch enough toads for one if I ever decided to get one. I love the name, too.
smile.png

Jordan - oh noes 10 non eaters? D: That's no good... are you offering live, or only f/t? You might have to try brainsplitting, or w/e its called, where you like open up their brains. Or you could cut them in half long ways, I hear that makes them smell really good... Besides that I don't know.
sad.png
the nonfeeders issue is something I'm really not looking forward to when I have a ton of snakie babies.

fowltemptress - hognoses eat rodents just fine!
smile.png
sometimes picky eaters need their mice scented with frogs though!

Quote:
So far just f/t. Every time I go looking for live, the pet store is out! But Im going to go in on Monday and see. I've tried the braining deal, it didnt work. And cutting them in half, that didnt work either. So Im not sure what Im going to do. They're being a pain. I threatened them with death today.
lol.png

Quote:
So far just f/t. Every time I go looking for live, the pet store is out! But Im going to go in on Monday and see. I've tried the braining deal, it didnt work. And cutting them in half, that didnt work either. So Im not sure what Im going to do. They're being a pain. I threatened them with death today.
lol.png

You should eat a gummy worm that looks like them infront of them today and say "OR ELSE!". see if that motivates them.

Aw, lovely! Your hognose is very handsome! I'm not normally a fan, but WOW!

I've been wanting a rosy boa for a while, now. Perhaps one day!

Quote:
You B/W was evil, no kidding? My son's Black and White Tegu was a dollbaby. The only issue he and I ever had was when I would go to fold my laundry and find him snuggled in the middle of the warm clothes ... if you put clothes in the basket from the dryer...you'd best take them and put them up high fast! Oh and he did attack my boots once. One fell off the shoe rack near him and he was forced to defend himself.
gig.gif

I love your Cayenne's they are gorgeous.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom