Pics of my two Bantams and my three monsters...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by aimee, Apr 11, 2007.

1. aimee

aimee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    ...I mean my three standards.

The Frizzle is four weeks old, the other bantam is about five weeks. Not sure if they're boys or girls yet and I'm not sure what type the light colored one is either.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Here are my monsters, they're six weeks old.

Sophie (Buff Orphington)
    [​IMG]

Lily (Ameraucana)
    [​IMG]

Dixie (RIR)
    [​IMG]

Sophie with Lily
    [​IMG]

2. Keleka

Keleka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
    Great names and cute chicks. We also have a Lily that is an Ameraucana.[​IMG]

3. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
    And I have a Lily who was sold to me as an araucana but turned out to be a cross. Cute pics!

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Very cute chicks. Lily looks like she'd be head chicken!

5. chickens^^

chickens^^ Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2007
    West Virginia
    I have 6 RIR. They can be a hassle at times, but they are ok. I love frizzles!! ~read my siggy~ Here are some pics of my chickens!
    MY ARAUCANA HEN CARAMEL-
    [​IMG]
    MY BANTAM FRIZZLE COCHIN HEN ROSE-
    [​IMG]
    MY BANTAM FRIZZLE COCHIN HEN SNOWFLAKE-
    [​IMG]

6. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Chickens, those little frizzles you have are the best looking little fizzle cochin chicks I have ever seen. Post a picture again when they get grown........ I would love to see them as adults! I think your Caramel chick on the top of the page is really an EE chick. Go onto www.ameraucana.org to see some of the different color varieties of true Ameraucana......under the link "photo". Nice chicks! Hey, I love my chickens too! Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  7. aimee

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    Thanks everyone.

Those frizzle are too cute. I can't wait until mine feathers out more. Every day at look and see what else is starting to curl out. The feathers on his/her head are starting to come in a little and are sticking straight out. [​IMG]

As for the three standards, Sophie is actually the leader of the group. It's hard to tell from the pics but she's also larger than the other two. But even when they were all the same size, you could still tell she was in charge.

8. jamiebartlett

jamiebartlett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    Where did y'all get the frizzles they are so cute! ALl of my Co-op within driving distance (5 of them) are not carrying any. :-( I don't want to order 25 chicks from McMurray just to get two frizzles! [​IMG] Any input anyone?? Thanks!

9. aimee

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    I got my Frizzle from the local feed store. They don't order them in special. This one was just there when I stopped and looked at the assorted Bantam chicks. The wing feathers had just started coming in and had a little bit of a curl to them, I just had to buy him/her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by