Pics of Rabbit Cages

Quote:
We chose individual cages with wire bottoms for easier clean up. Those solid floors are STINKY! Rabbit poop isn't so bad, but the pee?? UGH!

You couldn't really smell anything because those cages would get moved inside to outside depending on the weather. And the cages that were outside the wind blew the smell to the neighbors house.
tongue.png

Your baby bunnies are sooo cute! We had Lops, they were our first rabbits and we thought they were both males because the breeder sexed them before we bought them. WRONG! We had a male and female and she had babies later. They were all different colors. The mom was a Wild Color and the Dad was a Tannish color with white spots here and there and they had an ALL white offspring.
idunno.gif

~Wind~ :

Quote:
What were you going to use to catch droppings between the cage levels?

The metal oil pans....there is actually one slide in on the middle level I think.....​

I prefer the solid floors....all of mine are litterbox trained. They pick it up pretty quick. And then you just dump the litterbox every couple days. I put linoleum on the plywood floors for easy cleanup of any oopsies.

Quote:
We chose individual cages with wire bottoms for easier clean up. Those solid floors are STINKY! Rabbit poop isn't so bad, but the pee?? UGH!

You couldn't really smell anything because those cages would get moved inside to outside depending on the weather. And the cages that were outside the wind blew the smell to the neighbors house.
tongue.png

Your baby bunnies are sooo cute! We had Lops, they were our first rabbits and we thought they were both males because the breeder sexed them before we bought them. WRONG! We had a male and female and she had babies later. They were all different colors. The mom was a Wild Color and the Dad was a Tannish color with white spots here and there and they had an ALL white offspring.
idunno.gif

Sexing babies is HARD!

NICE cages beaner!!!! We prefer the wire bottoms. Both the cages Ken built have a solid floor hidey hole for when they want to be on a solid floor. Mostly they are on the wire because the wind cools them off in this disgusting weather.

Quote:
tongue.png

idunno.gif

Sexing babies is HARD!

I've tried doing that and they claw you to death and pee or poop on you.

I'm in the process of building house rabbit cages now. Too hot for the fluffies outside this summer. I am going to make 4 cages that are 36" wide and 30" deep. They will have wire bottoms and trays underneath to catch droppings. They will be 24" tall and will have a shelf up top for the bunnies to get on to hang out. The 30x36 cages will be divided down the middle to make 18x30 cages that have the upper shelf level as well. These are more than sufficient for the lionheads. These will be built and assembled in stacks of 2, in my laundry room. Now that I have downsized only to the breedable or showable keepers, each girl will have a full 2x4 cage outside once weather cools off.

I have all the pieces, just need to get them built. Hopefully will get them down this week so I can get all the girls inside. Currently I have 1 youngun, 2 show bunnies, a doe/baby and the fat tribble inside. Tribble is hanging out in the bathroom as she is fully litterbox trained. The youngun is in a plastic tub converted to a bunny cage and the 2 show bunnies are in a divided 24"x24" wire cage. The doe and baby are in a large plastic bin. I don't have pix of those
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom