Pics of Rabbit Cages

Quote:
I'm surprised you can keep your angora outside in the heat without them losing their coat?

We have fans and a mister, so their enclosure is a good 15 degrees cooler than anywhere else. Also, it has been mild here since the last heat wave. Today was 88. During over 100 temps we bring them inside. One gets the kitchen one gets a bedroom (the mama and babies in the hutch) and the other gets the shower.

Quote:
Sexing babies is HARD!

I've tried doing that and they claw you to death and pee or poop on you.

Its actually really easy......Just handle them more and work with them on their back before you sex them. The buck has a bullet like hole and the doe has a stlit its really easy to tell the difference unless the buck has a split penis.

heres some pics of mine! In the pic the 3 bottom cages are only half way done but they are now!
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

87360_july_31_2009_jordan_519.jpg

87360_july_31_2009_jordan_517.jpg

And a finished cage with one happy Mini rex!
87360_july_31_2009_jordan_522.jpg

It looks like everyone is starting to have their rabbits litterbox trained..
What do you use for the litter? And how the heck do you get them to use it?

Bobwhitelover - Love those pens!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I use yesterdays news its safe and they love it you can pick it up at a local pet store or farm store or even fleet farm. I just put the litter box whereever they have been pooping and they get used to it just like that.

Guess what I have been working on the last few days? INDOOR bunny cages. I am now mostly prepared for tomorrow's (oops today's) 97 degree heat with gazillion degree humidity.

I do have plans to make a second tower, duplicate to this one. That way I can have ALL the bunnies inside. Currently have 3 left outside (and obviously, not all inside ones pictured here, I have a few temp bins set up).

These are not done....food and water dishes are just temporary, and I will be putting a shelf in each of them...hence why they are so tall. They don't have real latches yet and I will need to put up a urine guard (just in case, since they are all litterbox trained). Not having urine guards on a cage with non litterbox trained bunnies resulted in the splatter/drips on the wall in the one pic. GROSS. They have since been cleaned up.

The cages are 36 wide, 30 deep, 24 high. Split in half, to make 2 cages at 18 wide, 30 deep, 24 high.

2011-07-21_03-21-54_532.jpg

2011-07-21_03-22-15_905.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom