Pics of Steven at Ft. Jackson (Pic - Heavy!!!)

Thank you Micki, it's odd to me how easy it was for me to leave home for basic, but having my son leave is so different. I'm proud of him, and I guess this starts the weaning for me lol.

When I saw your post I thought Ft Jackson looked familiar. That is where my son did basic. Living in FLorida we were close enough to go to the graduation. I do remember how excited he was when we went They really fire the kids up there. He came home and talked many fo his friends into joining ,friends who were worried about doing basic. He's home for the weekend and has just informed us he may be reinlisting again. He still has another year to make up his mind. Right now its too much for me to worry about. I'll just need to get through this latest deployment. What is you son taking in AIT? My son surprised us by becoming a mechanic. He alos excelled on the gun range and carried the saw last deployment.

His AIT is scheduled for Ft. Leonard Wood in MO, but it's not until next summer because he's a senior next year. He'll be going into a 4 year college, ROTC, and he's non-deployable for 6 years. He's also in the Reserve's, he did 3 monthly duty's before he went to basic.

They had a great 4th of July celebration and spent some time at a carnival,, geez when I did basic I marched in the Seguin, TX 4th parade and talk about hot and miserable! He also said they aren't allowed to have any food stuffs sent to them at all darn it, not during basic at any time.

His graduation date is August 21, with family day on the 20th. That means a lot of yard sales and stuff in the BST forums for me to try and raise money to get there. I'm so excited to finally have a date though, of course that doesn't mean it won't change or they'll send the high school kids home 2 weeks early after all!

He says thanks again for the letters!!

Writer I hope you get to go to the graduation and family day. It is something I will always remember. Heres some advice for you thou
the field where they have the graduation is hugh. Wear very comfortable clothes and shoes. Before hand have a signal to use to find him after the ceremony. Believe me its crazy out there with all the families trying to find their kids. ALso where they seat you in the stands is in the middle of the field, when the troops march by they go to the very end of the field and its a very very long walk to where the families meet them. It will be hotter than H%%$% in August, (we nearly froze when we went). Enjoy the ceremony I did. They also sell videos of their boot camp adventures great to remember by. Have Fun Micki

Thanks, I'm going to do my best to get there, anything I don't need is up for sale lol! When I graduated basic it was nothing fancy or exciting, we reviewed, we were done, we left lol! Thanks for the info, I haven't been at Ft. Jackson in decades!

I just got my call from Steven, he made Expert yay!! 38/40!! He was so worried because he was having so much trouble zeroing his rifle. He didn't like the big video screen the were practicing on with fake weapons, but once he got out on the range he was ok. He was in such good spirits and it really made me feel better to hear him so upbeat. Last weekend he was a little down, but it's turned around and now he's over halfway through!

That is soo Great very happy for him you must feel so proud!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom