PICS of the damage, must see.

It is a shame they handle packages so badly. I always insure at my expense, but don't know that it does any good. I had some eggs destroyed last summer, turned in the claim and never got anything back from the post office. They make you jump through hoops to turn in a claim, then don't refund anything. I really don't know about how they run the post offices these days.

I knew somebody who worked for them and they said they do not take note if a box says fragile...In fact they do not care in the least unless it has at least a $1000 shipping insurance on it... It does not go against the handlers unless they get alot of claims for damaged good from the insurance on high costing claims. So individual workers pay no care at all. Of coarse I'm sure there are some who care but your box goes through many different hands before it reaches you so most do not.. It's enough to bring anyone down.. :thun

But cheer up and think of the eggs that I'm sure your seller will be happy to send to replace those...
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Oh, that stinks. I'm sorry.

Not knocking the seller at all--especially 'cause she was willing to replace the eggs, which is awesome--but were the eggs wrapped individually with anything, to keep them from shifting in the egg cartons? Tissue paper, bubble wrap, etc.? Regardless, they were obviously mistreated by the PO, but if those eggs could move in those cartons they didn't stand a chance from the beginning...

Hi!
I'm so sorry you had to open a box of broken eggs, that's always sad.

Were the eggs just 'loose' in the egg carton? With no additional cushioning inside the carton? At all?

In my opinion, that is not ' packing eggs for shipping'.

Regardless of the amount of bubble-wrap/packing material around the carton, there doesn't seem to be anything to keep the eggs from flopping around INSIDE the carton.

That is why they are broken (in my opinion).

I hope you have better luck with the replacement eggs.
If your seller isn't planning to package them differently, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

A lack of proper packaging (unless I missed something) isn't something you can blame on the PO.
It's back on the shipper.

Good luck!
Lisa

ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
looks like it got ran over, lit on fire, and blown to smithereens by a grenade !
th.gif

"We're sorry that your article was damaged during processing" ?!? Oh well, thanks for trying your best :eyeroll
Since the package was obviously badly mishandled, you would think that they would reimburse you for it!

I agree with what Dipsy(Lisa) said. From the pics it looks like the seller just put the eggs in the egg carton. If they ship eggs that way, they will always end up broken. The egg carton doesn't hold them securely enough to keep them from shifting around or banging against one another. Ask the seller to wrap each egg individually with bubble wrap.

I've received eggs from both Dipsy and Speckledhen and all eggs were wrapped individually with bubble wrap and none were broken upon arrival. In fact, it took me a long time to unwrap all that bubble wrap and tape and I'm sure it takes them a long time to wrap them so carefully but that's what must be done.

I agree, if those eggs weren't individually wrapped there was no way they were going to survive. I received some in a similar condition packed that way. The soggy egg mess will disintegrate the cardboard and make it look beaten up even if it was not roughly handled.

The seller should have wrapped each egg in bubble wrap. From the picture it looks like they just stuck the eggs in the box and wrapped the carton with bubble wrap. Of course the eggs wouldnt make it. I hope that if the seller didnt wrap each egg in bubblewrap that they will refund your money, or replace the eggs with just the shipping cost to you. So sorry.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom