PICS of the damage, must see.

ChelleEnchanted

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
Ohio
The seller is being very very sweet about it.
Going to replace them at no charge.
Let's just say, i'm a customer for life.
smile.png

I've calmed down and such.
It just breaks my heart, this didn't have to be handled this way.

They're not 'just eggs'.
They're somebodies future grandchickies,
and the beginning of my new flock.
I treat all of my chickens like they are my spawn.

Here they are.
sad.png

Picture120-1.jpg

Picture122.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Honestly the USPS just gets worse and worse. I sell items on ebay and have had so many things destroyed that I ship because of the bad handling. I honestly go above and beyond when wrapping items in bubble wrap. I figure if I feel confident I can throw the box agains the wall and it would survive intact, that I did my job. What is happening though, is the massive weight they are stacking on these fragile boxes, even if you mark it as fragile, they don't take any care. You have to insure your package or else you have no claim and you are sunk. It's sad, such bad customer service and to be honest, very unhappy employees as well, I have only met a handful of postal employees that like their job..I don't know if they are under staffed or under paid where there is no pride anymore. This goes for so many people in customer service industries, they are paid poorly and treated miserably. It just snowballs from there.

I'm sorry about your eggs, I'm sure the seller tried her best, but you can't win with the USPS anymore.

There was even bubble wrap around those cartons.
They honestly must have stepped on it, seriously.
It was shock proof, but apparently not SMASH-proof.

Someone had to of done this on purpose, or just being way too careless.

No, they are not going to reimburse, that sticker is supposed to take care of it all obviously... :mad:

That is just unacceptable. The PO stinks. I hate using them but the other options aren't great or are too expensive.

I am so glad to hear the seller is going to replace them for you.

I am so sorry, that is devastating. We have had eggs arrive in similar condition, so I feel your pain. Our last PO was HORRIBLE.

RedFeathers, I agree with you. I am sure that those people are probably underpaid, and by observation are not treated well. So it is with all customer service employees. I work as a courtesy clerk at Safeway (not for long, handed in my two weeks a week ago
ya.gif
) and we are all extremely unappreciated by the customers whom we run the pads off of our feet for. Literally. The other day I had a lady ask me to go fetch her a pack of mushrooms as she was standing in line. I hoofed to the very far side of the store and was probably gone 25-30 seconds tops. When I got back she was standing there with her arms crossed, tapping her foot, and saying "What did you do? Get lost?" I was flabbergasted. Luckily my checker friend looked up at her and said "No, she took the scenic route!"
wee.gif
I could have hugged him.

This is not to excuse how they treated your package though! I just posted that as an insight to how majority of customer service people are treated, and maybe show why they don't seem to care about what happens to the boxes of their customers?
hu.gif
I know that most don't think that way, and many respond to that kind of thing by trying to do their jobs better. But obviously not all, unfortunately.

Chelle, that is simply WONDERFUL of that seller to replace your eggs! Best of luck on this hatch, and let us know in what condition these arrive!

Back
Top Bottom