PICS of the damage, must see.

I always wrap my eggs with bubble wrap, and then also newspaper. By the time I pack the news paper in the box around them, they are well cushioned. I have not had any reports of damage on eggs I have shipped.

With what they did to this box, would the bubble wrap even have helped? :thun

They would have been crunched anyways.
I'm so mad.
I'm about to start shipping eggs labeled 'Hi, you crush these, we sue you!' with a bunch of smiley faces by it.

Court cases for eggs
lau.gif
lau.gif

You're all so sweet. Thank you for being here for me.

Also, I have had eggs shipped to me without being bubble wrapped and i have NEVER had a cracked egg.

This box was smooshed on the bottom, and the top was bent in. All they did was saran wrap the thing and put a sticker saying sorry.

No thank you, apology not accepted PO!

This is why I haven't tried getting any eggs through the USPS yet. Heck I get damaged envelopes with sticker several times a week. I'm glad you get replacements! Often I get the neighbors mail too.

Last edited:
Quote:
I took pics of my crushed box inside and out, showed the damage to the box, where it was marked, the inside of the box with egg everywhere and the PO reimbursed me for my postage and eggs. I had to have a form for a complaint sent to me, they dropped in my box via carrier. Raise a fuss about it and hold them accountable!

Thats a shame on the PO. Seriously. I am shipping chicks out for the orders I last posted on here and I am shipping 7 boxes with some eggs too. I SURELY wouldn't want this to happen. Geeze, now it makes me worried about shipping the chicks now. I mean, if the PO can take good care, I will be SUPER happy!

Well, the PO here that delivers my mail are pretty good...so far. I have received chickens in a timely manner and everythings good.

Hope you aren't too down on yourself. Things happen and I really hope you have better luck next time. Its such a bummer to have to go through all these with/o support and all.

G-luck!

- Tommy

I once shipped some eggs to my mother (for eating). I didn't know better at the time, put the eggs in an egg carton and had a few winter jackets for my niece packed around the egg carton. No signs that the box was abused, but most of the eggs were broken. It was only after I started buying hatching eggs that I learned how they should be packed. Some of the best that I got (though a pain to unpack!) were individually wrapped in bubble wrap, then nestled in with packing peanuts. So I was searching through the peanuts for the eggs, we have low humidity so the peanuts were jumping back up out of the box at me and sticcking to everything, and the cats thought they had a bunch of new little toys to attack. All egs were beautifully intact and I had a great hatch from them...

Did you get to talk to the post master? I thought they had to refund the shipping cost but nothing on the value of the eggs unless shipping insurance was purchased. I think you are right some probley accidently stepped on them but that doesn't mean that they don't need to take responsibility. I would at least call the post master and maybe even e-mail them those pictures.

Back
Top Bottom