:Pics: Waiting for eggs. Soon? Update::We finally got a first egg!!

mordarlar

Songster
10 Years
May 17, 2010
We've been waiting for what seems like an eternity.

33b48975.jpg

The lady on the right is the one we think will go first. Any guesses on how much longer our wait may be?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Do they have any of the tell tale behaviors? Visiting the nest box, squatting, practicing the egg song? My BO was the first of my 4 to lay, even though her comb was not as big or as red as my BR.

I am not home enough to see if mine are visiting the nesting box I spent more time with them on Sat, but my flock is pretty quiet except for my RIR (who is 30 weeks old and not laying).

My two Rhode Island Reds (Hennie and Penny) along with one Black Australorp (Jenny) still haven't given me any eggs and they are all around 28 weeks. My daughter's chicks of the same bunch have been busy for at least a month now.
yippiechickie.gif

ghulst, i believe they are about 26 weeks. I got them in early June and they were around 4 weeks old.

annie3001, ; ) Isn't that always the way. ::sigh::

ryanhodapp, You'll have to let me know when your's lays. : )

Yay Chicks!, I *thought* maybe she was squatting yesterday and i definitely saw her under a tree gathering feathers and dried grass around her like my older hen does when she is in the nest box. Problem is, i'm not quite sure what a true squat looks like and i haven't really heard an egg song from her. The other pullets seem to be making more noise and hanging closer to her side though. Not sure if that means anything. : )

Quote:
So a couple more weeks likely. I can wait a little longer...i suppose. : )

Back
Top Bottom