picture journey of my goose egg incubation AWESOME! ALL PICS IN FIRST POST! Easy to see!

Is it normal for the babies to do THIS to thier shells???? If you watch the video I posted you can see them moving thier little beaks like they are eating and I know that with chicks that means they are absorbing thier yolk sacks so the next stage will be zipping and hatching!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!! if I get 5 out of 6 I will be totally ecstatic! (sadly i have lost hope for egg 1)

Last edited:
Well I called off work today and told thm I wasnt going t be in because its hatch day! LOL I'm so glad I did! I have some more pics and videos added now!

OH an I did end up takeing them out when they hatched because there was ablolutely NO room in there for them but I took my pan of hot steaming water on the floor with the bator and sat under my comforter again till the humidity was like 85% and quickly took them out. I dont think it affected the others a bit since the outside humidity and temp was just about the same as the inside. :) JEN

Last edited:
OK today has been great! its now 10:34 on day 29 and 4 of the 5 are out! I took a video of #4 hatching so I will post it as soon as its done uploading. the last one is Egg # 4 and that egg has been a day behind with the air cell dropping, internal pipping, and then external pipping so I would immagine it will be a day behind on hatching too...so I expect tonight or tomorrow morning.

I did pull out egg #1 when I took the first 2 hatchlings out and it was as I expected...it didnt make it. Looked like it got to day 28 and failed to internally pip :( But I would say 5 out of 6 is awesome!

Last edited:
SUCH a loser....went back to page one and OMG! I am so excited for you.........can NOT wait for my babies!!!! Wish I had a bator like yours.............NO way will I get pics like yours.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooo, I didn't see those pictures on the 1st page! Great job! They are so adorable
love.gif
I'm going to miss hatching geese, next year though!

Yes all the pics are in the 1st post...its kinda like a little story....here they are: (and you can see the 1 poor egg that didnt make it to the right)

Back
Top Bottom