Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Do you mean the size of her eye? Or are you seeing something else?

She has huge dark eyes. As far as I know, that's what most Australian Australorps look like.
Yeah they are, Jewel šŸ’Ž is a half Australorp half RIR hen, and she has beautiful dark eyes compared to the other five adult hens-and such a gorgeous temper! But I love baby chicks with their blue and green eyes-the araucanas are ten weeks and they still havenā€™t outgrown it!

Young rooster from My Pet Chicken
View attachment 2007344
I love this rooster!
Whitey, my 28ish week old Black Sex-Link. I've only had chickens for about a month, but she is my favorite, and the only one with a name.

Not the most "personable", of my flock, but absolutely the most iridescent !!! Her color changes from jet black, to blue/purple, to green, depending how the sun hits her.

View attachment 2009716
Does she have ā€œglitterā€? Little specks of green that make it look like she was lightly sprinkled with fairy dust.
My pullet Minnie Mae or just Minnie. View attachment 2015292
You like the Anne of Green Gables books?
Freshly hatched Araucana/Crested Cream Legbar. Just dried and about to go into the brooder with her sisters that are 2 weeks older. Her name is Fatility. Her parents were killed on the day she was laid.
Thatā€™s so sad, such a depressed name :(
Another pic of my favorite of the flock, and only Black Sex-Link.

View attachment 2016590
Beautiful!
View attachment 2018415

Maximum luxury with Cleo the blue orp.
When mum saw Tink at it one time (REALLY at it, one her back, wriggling, neck in a funny position) she said if she didnā€™t know it was normal behaviour and Tinky was having the time of her life, sheā€™d reckon that was a chook in itā€™s dying agonies.
View attachment 2023183 Penny loves to try to scare the Chickens. Alberta, my Buff Orpington just thinks she is silly.
Mini does that! Itā€™s hilarious!
View attachment 2023784
Mama Antoinette (Belgian campine living in Belgium) with the freshly born peeps.
View attachment 2023776
Not enough room left underneath mama Antoinette. She gave her life a week or two later when a hawk attacked them. Good thing the littles were already big enough to go without mom by
Aww!
A rare shot of the whole flock together ā€¦.. Never can seem to fit all 9 in the viewfinder at once !

View attachment 2027134
I like the colour sceme! So pretty! Real nice!

ā€œYou look this way, Iā€™ll look that way.ā€
2F5A8E74-C343-4EE5-BA4A-9A3331476DF3.jpeg

Not sure if itā€™s the right scale...
Ash and Chilli, two ten week old heritage Araucanas!

Annnnnnnnnnnd-BLUE-EYES!!!!!!!!!!
D8A27630-C0FD-472F-865E-BC70A479DA1A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom