Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

My 13 wk old light Brahma cockerel.. My pride n joy.. He's gonna be big he already towers over the two year old EE hens I have.. he's handsome
Kramar aka: Brooster the rooster
View attachment 2732308View attachment 2732311View attachment 2732312
He's so suspicious!!!

20210723_105033.jpg
That's him in middle.. He's gigantor..

Of course they are!!! I don't think we've had emus for POW before.
How are they as "livestock"?
They are awesome! I absolutely love my emus. These 2 are still babies but planning on having them be a breeding pair when they are older, they are from 2 different blood lines and DNA sexed...
I know some people raise them for meat but for now they are practically pets until they lay and we hatch chicks and sell. Then we plan on getting some of the money from the chicks to buy another breeding pair or 2 and consider raising them for meat or just chicks depending on the demand and if I can bring myself to butcher an emu, they are sweet animals and it would be harder for me to process one of them than a rabbit or chicken...

My beautiful girl Christina :)
View attachment 2318154

This WAS going to be a submission in the calendar contest, but my mad procrastination skills prevailed once again :lol: ah well there’s always next year
I just saw this pretty photo… I think I have her twin brother! Haha! His father is an Americauna roo who looks just like this. My hens are different production red breeds so who knows what else he is). My photo is terrible but I was in a hurry.
72A1CE46-9EBC-40FE-8728-F2975F61E41A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom