Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

I would dearly love to see a full-body photo of the girl in back. That's a beautiful pattern.
Ask and.......... I'll try and get another one. She's out of Bruce (mixed) and Charlotte a BCM daughter I have.
DSC_0272.JPG

What breed are they?
They are mixed breeds. The Light Brahma is out of one of my easter egger hens, and a Bielefelder Rooster. The one in the back is a 2 generation story.
BR x (Black Silkie x Black Astrolorp) = Bruce the Magnificent
Prince (Cockoo Marans x BSL) x BCM = Charlotte
I'm breeding for egg size, color and body size. All my pullets/hens from my original flock of hens are almost double in body size and lay med to large eggs.

Ask and.......... I'll try and get another one. She's out of Bruce (mixed) and Charlotte a BCM daughter I have.View attachment 2921143

She is glorious!

I'm breeding for egg size, color and body size. All my pullets/hens from my original flock of hens are almost double in body size and lay med to large eggs.

I know that smaller body size is more feed-efficient for the eggs, especially with the dedicated layer breeds, but inside my electric net my main predator threat is hawks so I think larger body size is desirable.

She is glorious!

I know that smaller body size is more feed-efficient for the eggs, especially with the dedicated layer breeds, but inside my electric net my main predator threat is hawks so I think larger body size is desirable.
Well the funniest thing is that my Bielefelder and the Bielefelder offspring go through more feed in a day than any other of my chooks. The Bielefelder is one of the smallest hens I have and lays the biggest supersized eggs of them all. That's why I let Greystoke have 2 EE hens for wives. The colors of those offspring are incredible too! These 3 gals are full sisters from the same hatch!
20211025_094848.jpg
20211025_100222.jpg

Back
Top Bottom