Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Lol they do need a pool or pond or something to bathe in. They can get loud it just depends on the duck how much they quack. Boys have a quieter quack though and aren’t very loud
So, could you use a kiddy pool for them to keep them happy, if just had a few, or is that not sufficient? ~ I’m interested in Ducks as well; but, I definitely need to educate myself and read up on them more. We have 11acres, but no pond.

So, could you use a kiddy pool for them to keep them happy, if just had a few, or is that not sufficient? ~ I’m interested in Ducks as well; but, I definitely need to educate myself and read up on them more. We have 11acres, but no pond.
Yeah I would say one kiddie pool for every four or five ducks would work. Although if you wanted to get multiple pools that would be even better. They just need deep enough clean water to bathe in and clean their faces in everyday

The farm I volunteer on has a kiddy pool filled about a quarter to half full and the ducks love it. The thing to keep in mind, they WILL get the water dirty so you will also need a steady supply of fresh water to it, and perhaps some way to clean that water occasionally. Dumping a kiddy pool can be a bugger and crack it.

Yes I know ducks swim in dirty ponds, but if they crap the hell out of the pool and the water looks more like a cess pool, then yes you will have to clean it to help prevent duckie diseases.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom