Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

In that kind of weather, my birds prefer to be in the rain too! They value the worms they can find over the shelter they have access to... They don't start taking cover from the rain until it turns to sleet. 😋

They will however, come over and beg... Bedraggled, soaked, and pitiful... giving their best puppy eyes for treats.
Oh yes, mine definitely know where the treats are distributed and let me know they are ready!

@alinas2010 - How do you tell Ravioli apart from the others like her? P.S. I cracked up the first time I saw her name posted!
Thank you! I love her so much! A few ways between our 2 other reds 🙂 Ravioli has much less black in her hackle feathers than our other red ones and her comb is straight whereas theirs are a rose comb variation. But also, Ravioli is very excited to approach and follow us around. Even when she was at her old house, our neighbors, she was first to come over to the fence if we approached, so she was easy to tell apart from her similar looking sister over there. I think she’s a New Hampshire Red, and our other reds are Cinnamon Queens.

IMG_3806.jpeg

Kraai, who used to be a lonely chicken and couldn’t stay with the family because they moved to a house with a tiny garden. She arrived two years ago. Kraai and some of my chickens had a hard time integrating/accepting for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom