1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pictures and names of your chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The scrambler, Aug 6, 2016.

1. The scrambler

The scrambler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2016
    Colorado
    Does your chickens have unique names? How did you come up with their name? Pictures are always a plus!

2. The scrambler

Jul 8, 2016
    Colorado
    [​IMG]
    This is Rusty. We thought she was a boy, until she laid an egg.

1 person likes this.
  3. This is Bea,by 7 year old BR.and I'm. Really happy cause she is still laying!^.^
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. The scrambler

Jul 8, 2016
    Colorado
    That is awesome she is still laying! All of my girls are 5 months old, and I hope they continue to lay for years as well.

5. The scrambler

Jul 8, 2016
    Colorado
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7531185/width/200/height/400[/IMG
    This is Ham. She has always loved to have her picture taken, when she was a little chick she would always photo bomb everybody.

[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7531185/width/350/height/700

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  6. The scrambler

Jul 8, 2016
    Colorado

7. Aww!she looks like a EE!

[​IMG]
    This is Harriet my 9-almost 10 week old WLH chick!

8. The scrambler

Jul 8, 2016
    Colorado
    How cute!!!! :love

9. Snickerdoodle

Snickerdoodle New Egg

Aug 7, 2016
    Louisiana
    My EE rooster is named Richard, and my EE hen is named Elizabeak (she's regrowing feathers since she came from a flock with some rough boys! Looking better by the day though :) ) Richard is about 2 years old, and Elizabeak is roughly a year and a half.

[​IMG]

Richard got his name because when he was an adolescent, he was quite a prick to the ladies. He's definitely calmed down and evened out though. Much gentler now that he doesn't have to "jump em and dump em."

Elizabeak got her name because she was a royal pain to catch and transfer to our new home, but now she's content and quite queenly in her coop.

I have 16 EE bitties that are a week old today, but only three have names so far :) waiting for other personalities to shine so I can get inspired for new names.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  10. cc chickens

cc chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2016
    Alabama
    so rusty is now ruby. :) shes a beautiful chicken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by