Pictures of my babies!! Picture overload...

Thanks for the photos
love.gif

So sorry to butt in but I need help with sexing out ambiguous duck bill. I don't care if I have two females or one of each, just wanted to mentally identify them for their gender. I'm in the fence with my guess since I've seen pics of other ducklings with similar bills identified as female. Just wondering what more educated opinions were.
1f60a.png

This is Tater.

This is Tater and Tot. Easy to see that Tot is a female. The rest of the ducklings they were with had much darker bills with no trace of pink. I went with the "next lightest" of the the bills for the second one.

So sorry to butt in but I need help with sexing out ambiguous duck bill. I don't care if I have two females or one of each, just wanted to mentally identify them for their gender. I'm in the fence with my guess since I've seen pics of other ducklings with similar bills identified as female. Just wondering what more educated opinions were.
1f60a.png

This is Tater.

This is Tater and Tot. Easy to see that Tot is a female. The rest of the ducklings they were with had much darker bills with no trace of pink. I went with the "next lightest" of the the bills for the second one.
Bill color is only an accurate way to tell gender in Welsh Harlequins when they hatch. After a couple of days it already has changed color. They are super cutie!

Last edited:
I thought they were WH's? We didn't order them from a breeder so I know we took our chances, but they looked exactly like the WH duckling pics I poured through.

Hence my confusion. Of course, it's all a moot point anyway! I'm just a control freak with absolutely no patience, that has to "have all their ducks in a row." Heh heh. Time will tell. And as the muggles say, "The truth will out! Yes?"
1f606.png

Back
Top Bottom