Pictures of my comical flock!

kellysmall87

Songster
7 Years
Apr 18, 2012
Wolverhampton, England. UK.
Good Evening All!
frow.gif

I thought after the day I've had, that I had better cheer myself up. My chick got attacked by a hawk this week (picked u an dropped from a height, tearing tendons and damaging it internally and we think damaging the brain) and I spent loads at the vets on it... but had to have it put down today. So... I thought that I would take some pictures of my flock and post them, just to cheer myself up.
yippiechickie.gif

So here they are....

First one is a gorgeous Henny (foreground) and her chap, Jim. Henny is super curious and follows me around like a dog. She comes to her name and I rub her belly. lol!

next up is beautiful Rose. She is also really tame and is also very curious! She does some weird noises to me... and I have to stroke her back! This is she, eating trifle.

and here are the chicks... one had to be put to sleep as I said, but these are the others. Mostly roo's maybe... but still cute!

Other funnies...

Lovely birds. I know how you feel about your little one, I really can't stand birds of prey. A sparrow hawk took a young pigeon right in front of me and bit off it's wing. It was horrific. Guess who took the pigeon in and now has a one winged pigeon as well as everything else to care for!

Thanks everyone! Aww Im loving the fact that u have a one winged pigeon, Newfoundland! You're as bad as me. Isn't nature so unnecessarily cruel!?
Have you named your pigeon and does it live with your chickens or on it's own?

Theoldchick - haha he is great, isn't he? He is a tiny bantam and he gives me a good kicking now and again - he only reaches my knees when he kicks though. He is insanely jealous and hates me touching the hens or picking them up. I have a noise I do when i treat the chickens and he hates the noise as he thinks i am providing for his hens and it's his job, so I usually get a kicked leg for doing that! I should've called him Elvis, because of his quiff. LOL

xx

My three year old granddaughter named the pigeon peter. He has been inside since the attack which was last autumn so he can't really go outside until the weather is warmer. We intend to build him an aviary so he will be safe from predators. He is a funny little chap following people around and warbling softly to us. He lives in our conservatory and I feed him on wild bird food. I just couldn't stand by and see him torn to shreds in front of me. I'm glad your birds bring you such obvious joy, it's wonderful how animals lighten the heart!

Back
Top Bottom