Pictures of our Coop in Progress...

YourGrace

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
10 Birds are to live in here... maybe we are crazy. The coop is 4 x 6 and 4 feet high and the run is 100 sq ft. What do you think? Where in the heck am I going to put vents?

chickencoop014.jpg

chickencoop018.jpg

chickencoop017.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks I'll mention that to my hubby... he wants to put them all down below....

LOVE it! Very similar to the one we have 9 chickens in. We are building a 2nd, much larger one so we can accomodate the other 40 chickens we are raising...

Quote:
Awesome... I am so excited to put them in tomorrow night! I think the only thing that we need to fix is this ventilation issue my hubby and I can't agree on - where to put the vents. So that theres not too mmuch draft but that it supplies enough fresh air and doesnt make them freeze in winter...

welcome-byc.gif

The coop looks great! The 4x6 size is a bit small for 10 full size birds. What type of chickens do you have and what is the weather like? Make sure it is ventilated very well! Congrats on the coop!

Nate

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks Nate! I have 3 rhode island reds, 5 sexlinks and 2 barred rock. I guess I just don't know what "ventilated well" means... and I keep hearing totally different perspectives on the size (too small/just right). If it's "ventilated well" won't that be too cold in winter (we get a couple weeks of negative degrees). I have already fallen in love with my birds (6 weeks old) and I want them to be happy in their home, of course.

Back
Top Bottom