Pictures uploading sideways?

psycache

Chirping
Dec 11, 2016
Salt Lake City, Utah
Hi all,

I seen a similar post about 10 years ago. Basically I am taking pictures with my phone in the yard and then trying to post them on byc. The picture orientation is right in my pictures, but not when it is uploaded. Anyone have similar issues? Or if there is a way for me to rotate it in the forum would also solve the issue. See example, this photo is correct on my phone.

1167E019-0F4B-4005-B647-AF227344A4AB.jpeg

I havnt had issues here but I have on another website. Sometimes they reorientate to the correct orientation later though.

iPhones have an issue like this--it is a weird command. There may be a plugin to fix it.

Are you using the upload image tool or copy and paste?

I've never had an iOS device, but is there some kind of disabled "auto screen rotate" option which isn't exclusive to the camera app?

I found this:

iPhones 4 and up store images in landscape mode and use EXIF data to provide proper rotation when viewed. This is a bit quirky as not all desktop browsers provide fixes, or they may not be streamlined.

I had a Grad Student upload a photo to our drupal site that was sideways no matter if you rotated it or not. I had to use the snipping tool in windows to to get a profile picture for the page.

I found this:

iPhones 4 and up store images in landscape mode and use EXIF data to provide proper rotation when viewed. This is a bit quirky as not all desktop browsers provide fixes, or they may not be streamlined.

I had a Grad Student upload a photo to our drupal site that was sideways no matter if you rotated it or not. I had to use the snipping tool in windows to to get a profile picture for the page.
Weird! So I guess there are two fixes for this: 1. Rotate them on a computer. 2. Take the photos landscape ;)

Back
Top Bottom