Pigeon and dove people I need your help again

THE HUNGARIANS ARE THEY HUNGARIAN HOUSE PIGEONS OR HUNGARIANS A DIFFERENT TYPE BIRD FIRST SUGGESTION A DROP OF IODINE IN THE WATER WILL HELP HATCH NEXT GIVE THE BIRDS BATH PANS SO THEY CAN BATH AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK

Hey All. Just signed-up yesterday and came across a similar problem I'm having with my big French Maldaines I just got a few months ago. They went right to work with courting and laying but the first two clutches were blanks, I guess. They are on they're third now. In observing their courting I notice how hard it was for them to do the thing, being so large. Mr. FrChuckW suggested trimming feathers around there vents. I might try that in stead of drugs or supplements if it doesn't work this time. I would like to know about the other suggestions that's here also. Did it work-out for you with those Giants you have?
Thanks
33782_dsc00509_c.jpg

Quote:
They are Giant Hungarian House Pigeons, or Hungarians for short.
The iodine you suggested reminded me of something. A good supplement for pigeons that not only has iodine, but several other good vitamins and minerals, is Red Cell - a supplement for horses. You can give it to the birds at a tablespoon per gallon, once or twice a week. Another similar product is called Red Flex.

FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT THERE ARE HUNGARIAN PIGEON THAT ARE THE SAME TYPE LIKE MALTESE , FOLERTINES AND MODENAS HEN TYPE WITH TAILS THAT GO UP LIKE CHICKENS. THE HUNGARIAN HOUSE PIGEON IS A LARGE RUNT SIZED BIRD WITH LARGE MUFFS AND LOOSE FEATHERS .AFTER REREADING I WOULD THINK MORE ILLNESS . MAYBE FOSTER THE YOUNG TO GET A START WERE THEY YOUNG BIRDS IF THEY ARE FOSTERED OUT USE HOMERS OR PUT ONE YOUNG PER FOSTER PAIR LARGER BIRDS NEED MORE ROOM WHEN RAISED FRENXH MONDAIANS 3 X 4 INDIVIUALS WAS MIN, SIZE AND LARGE WELL PADDED NESTS CAN USE CARPET PADDING AND STRAW FOR NESTS AND MAKE THE NEST SO THAT THE BIRDS CAN EASE IN INSTEAD OF HOPPING DOWN IN TO IT

Try putting a drop or 2 of vanodine in the water, I do this when they act iodine deficient.
have you noticed any feathers coming out with them not being in a molt?
sometimes when the iodine is low the eggs get hair cracks you just cant see even under a high light, the babies cant get out of the shell as it dried up too much.

Quote:
Yes, I wish these were Hungarian Pigeons, since they are very pretty! They have quite a unique marking, and those long legs are crazy.
But personaly, I've never seen anyone around with those. Just Hungarian House pigeons, which are often called Hungarians or House pigeons for short. Can cause quite a bit of confusion.

Back
Top Bottom