Pigeon Fanciers

I raise rollers and homers....don't compete...just fly em. Take the homers for a ride to work with me then kick them off at the jobsite.

Used to keep mookees and lahores and travel to the big shows, but had to give that up to go off to college. Now I'm home and got my own place. Before I was completly moved into my house, I was building a loft!

Thinking about attending the Louisville show in october and getting some new stock to raise and get back into showing again. Just don't know what I wanna get into. Leaning towards mookees again or maybe modenas or archangels. So many choices!

Cameron

I raise Homers, Kazan Tumblers, and Old German Owls.

44401_pigeons_017.jpg

^ Those are the Kazan tumblers on the left

44401_pigeons_008.jpg

^ One of the OGO

44401_pigeons_007.jpg

44401_pigeons_006.jpg

^ I really love this baby! The color is amazing!
What color would you call this?

44401_pigeons_018.jpg

^ Heres the baby and his Parents

44401_pigeons_009.jpg

44401_pigeons_010.jpg

^ Heres a couple Mealy babies that hatched this year. Their mom was a Mealy ( the one in the first pic) and their father is a red grizzle.

44401_pigeons_013.jpg

^ Here he is
smile.png

44401_pigeons_015.jpg

^ and a couple of blue checks

Last edited:
Beautiful birds everyone! PrinceSandwich, that baby is a blue grizzle
smile.png
I have a feeling he'll moult out to have more solid white feathers on him, as well as the grizzled feathers. He's very cute and pretty!

Nice birds Prince!

Cameron I am planning on going to Louisville this fall to! Maybe as it gets closer we can get a list of everyone who is and we can meet-up. I am going hopeing to find some more Brunner pouters I can afford. I got my start at the sale corner of the show last year. I know they aren't as good as the ones on the show floor but I can't usually afford those!lol. If you want to get some from the sale corner ,best get there early!

I'm going to try my best to beg my dad to take me to the Louisville show this year! I've never been, and Louisville is only about 100 miles from where I live
smile.png

I am getting more into doves right now though, they are pretty neat little birds
smile.png
Becky will be sending me a young pair soon, but I can't remember what color?
hmm.png
And a friend of mine has said he'll probably give me his doves, I think he has 5
smile.png

We do have a few pigeons, most are birmingham rollers. We have 8 birmingham roller pigeons and 2 'other' pigeons. I have no idea what breed those are, probably mixed knowing people around here. One thing I know is they are NOT rollers or homers, which is the majority of breeds in this area.

My wishlist consists of a pair (or 2
wink.png
) of parlor rollers and a pair (or 3
tongue.png
) of archangels
big_smile.png

ETA: Maybe I can sweet-talk someone from TN into letting me tag along to the YBS?
lol.png

Last edited:
I have three different colors of baldhead Birmingham Rollers and two pair of splash Indian Fantails. A brand new loft for them but it is currently occupied by young chickens. Sure wish this winter would pass soon so I can get everyone situated where they should be. Hope to post some pics on here soon.

I breed Komorner Tumblers. I also have a Komorner/Continental roller cross hen and a Racing Homer.

I raise them for fun and for showing. they are my 4-H birds.

Back
Top Bottom