Pigeon Talk

nice pics! I love your sats. I like the fancy pigeon drinker you have. Do they work good? Easy to clean?

forgot to comment on this question. The drinkers are fairly cheap from Foys. I have those 2, and a couple other different kinds, but they empty those the quickest. It’s just two pieces, snap together, the bottom is super easy to clean. Rinsing is usually all it takes. Nothing much gets down in the water. Unlike chickens/ducks that get everything in the water trough!

I'm really glad to hear you don't waste time trying to clean the ground! :gig

Seriously though, you are close to selling some birds? It was kind of sad for me to sell my first pigeons. Hard to let them go.
:plbb :lau

I am going to have to sell some. I just can’t decide which ones, etc. Not a priority yet
:D

BP... you ether get my vibes, or you hacked into my picture library:gig

This afternoon I have been
oregonian_winesmiley.gif
HEAVY,, View attachment 2163996

:bow

Mini Drinker 24 oz.

FYI - https://foyspetsupplies.com/mini-drinker-meduim-32-oz/

I think I have the medium size- 32-oz - $8.00 each.
They have a 24-oz for $6.00 and 64-oz for $11.00.
The clear plastic is nice because I can see quickly how much water is left in it.

I also have a couple of these, closer to the ground for the younger birds, I think they are easier for them to learn to use, but the adults don't seem to like these as well.
$8.00 for 2quart, 2 for $12.00
https://foyspetsupplies.com/spanish-cage-drinker-2qt/
Spanish Cage Drinker - 2 Quart

I have a question about 4 in one powder.
It says to mix a certain amount with a gallon and then use for seven days however it takes my birds approximately 7 days to drink a whole gallon if not longer because the waterer gets dumped every day. So can I mix the power beforehand and keep it in the fridge and add it every day or does it go bad? :)

It says to mix a certain amount with a gallon and then use for seven days however it takes my birds approximately 7 days to drink a whole gallon if not longer because the waterer gets dumped every day. So can I mix the power beforehand and keep it in the fridge and add it every day or does it go bad? :)

I'm not really sure about this. Probably @casportpony would know. I give Amprolium in the water and mix a smaller amount at a time so I can mix it fresh every day. So I divide the gal. dose in half or quarter depending on how much water. For the 4 in 1 , I got the pill form as I've never medicated more than one bird at a time. So, sorry I'm not much help. :confused:

I think you could call up Foy's and get the answer.

What's the medication?
The website said:

Four in one powder for paratyphoid, canker, coccidiosis and especially E.coli.
Composition: Furaltadone 20%, Ronidazole 7%
Dosage Treatment: As a treatment, mix one teaspoon to one gallon of drinking water for 7 consecutive days. This treatment may be repeated if necessary after a few days.

Its just hard to split a teaspoon down further with any accuracy, which is why I asked ;)

For sure! I don't think I'd be able to sell my babies without knowing where they're going haha. Most of my babies will probably be weird mixes because I just let the pigeons pair up however they want but I'm sure they'll be pretty and my friends will enjoy them anyway.

By the way, I'm going to go through with getting that rescue I posted the other day! So excited!! I'll have to spend tomorrow getting a nice quarantine cage set up for him. Here is a pic. Look at those shimmery feathers. Such a cutie.
Yay! Coo grats! We will need lots of pictures!

Edit: auto correct corrected congrats to coo grats.... It works though! :gig

Back
Top Bottom