Pigeon Talk

Quick question. Iv got at least one pigeon with very watery poops, it has been very hot but they are wetter than i would like. He is acting dehydrated, but I have dunked his head and watched him drink but I know he isn’t feeling well because he isn’t eating peanut treats when he is my main man when it comes to peanuts. Today was the second time of worming them, but he was acting a little odd last night as well so I don’t think that would have anything to do with it. They are going to be treated this week with the 4-1 powder from foys along with the entromune gel and powder. Anything else I could do. Electrolytes in water?
Just finish the wormer, and give them a two day break. Then start the four in one. Don't do electrolytes, as I have heard it can work against the wormer. Hopefully someone else can help some more. Good luck!

Quick question. Iv got at least one pigeon with very watery poops, it has been very hot but they are wetter than i would like. He is acting dehydrated, but I have dunked his head and watched him drink but I know he isn’t feeling well because he isn’t eating peanut treats when he is my main man when it comes to peanuts. Today was the second time of worming them, but he was acting a little odd last night as well so I don’t think that would have anything to do with it. They are going to be treated this week with the 4-1 powder from foys along with the entromune gel and powder. Anything else I could do. Electrolytes in water?
Is he eating anything besides the peanuts? Check inside his mouth for any yellowish lumps/lesions. Canker can make eating uncomfortable. Also, be sure your 4in1 covers coccidiosis, or else treat for that separately.
Acting dehydrated - what are you seeing? My device is acting up so I may be off line :-(

Is he eating anything besides the peanuts? Check inside his mouth for any yellowish lumps/lesions. Canker can make eating uncomfortable. Also, be sure your 4in1 covers coccidiosis, or else treat for that separately.
Acting dehydrated - what are you seeing? My device is acting up so I may be off line :-(
Last night he ate but not his normal amount. This is the guy who normally eats out of my hand every night because he can pile more in. Tonight he did not eat at feed time. I checked his throat, all appears fine. I do believe the powder I got covers it and when I say dehydrated I mean drooping of eyes/ acting like he is falling asleep, not pecking where he should for food and the few times I have seen him drink he guzzles so I’m not sure.
Side note, don’t think it’s related but who knows. I feel like my birds are under weight. I can few there keel? bone pretty prominently and feel like they should put on a bit more weight.

Last edited:
Last night he ate but not his normal amount. This is the guy who normally eats out of my hand every night because he can pile more in. Tonight he did not eat at feed time. I checked his throat, all appears fine. I do believe the powder I got covers it and when I say dehydrated I mean drooping of eyes/ acting like he is falling asleep, not pecking where he should for food and the few times I have seen him drink he guzzles so I’m not sure.
Side note, don’t think it’s rested but who knows. I feel like my birds are under weight. I can few there keel? bone pretty prominently and feel like they should put on a bit more weight.

Also check for lice/mites!
How many do birds do you have, and are any others showing any issues?

Side note, don’t think it’s rested but who knows. I feel like my birds are under weight. I can few there keel? bone pretty prominently and feel like they should put on a bit more weight.
I hope he gets well! :fl Sorry I don't have any other suggestions. Maybe @Old_Strain_Lover has an idea?

note, don’t think it’s related but who knows. I feel like my birds are under weight. I can few there keel? bone pretty prominently and feel like they should put on a bit more weight.
I think there fine. It's natural to feel the keel bone, if you cant, you have ISSUES! How much are you feeding a day? When you put in the food, how long does it last?

As far as the disease... Maybe worms, or coccidiosis. What are the droppings like? Is he separated from them?

I think there fine. It's natural to feel the keel bone, if you cant, you have ISSUES! How much are you feeding a day? When you put in the food, how long does it last?

As far as the disease... Maybe worms, or coccidiosis. What are the droppings like? Is he separated from them?
I’m feeding one cup per day for the 13 birds, more than that they weren’t finishing it and any less they seemed overly hungry.
he is on my breeder side of the loft but if he has something he has been with the others since day one and I got all of my birds from the same guy so I’m sure the others will be effected, but hoping not

Back
Top Bottom