Pigeon Talk

I’ve been able to correct a few chickens with splay leg over the years, but this is the first pigeon I’ve had with it. I guess that’s why I hadn’t even noticed how bad it was. It’s both legs. She didn’t lay in one of the bowls, and the nesting material is kinda sparse, so that probably was the cause. I’ll put them in a bowl tonight with a coconut pad and see if she stays in it.

I’ve been able to correct a few chickens with splay leg over the years, but this is the first pigeon I’ve had with it. I guess that’s why I hadn’t even noticed how bad it was. It’s both legs. She didn’t lay in one of the bowls, and the nesting material is kinda sparse, so that probably was the cause. I’ll put them in a bowl tonight with a coconut pad and see if she stays in it.
That MAY do the trick. I have had squabs self correct simply by providing 'traction' in the nest bowl. Good luck.

That MAY do the trick. I have had squabs self correct simply by providing 'traction' in the nest bowl. Good luck.
Found the smallest, but large enough bowl I could find, but I’ll find something better this evening. She stayed in it while I finished my chores, so we’ll see if it does any good.
B57E1CC5-4C8D-462E-A0CC-5AF56F41567F.jpeg

What is the friendliest breed that is still active and likes to fly?View attachment 3187226
I only kept homing pigeons. In my view,, and watching others , that handled their pigeons regularly,,, It is the personal interaction that makes a pigeon friendly.
Homers, and Rollers,,, as well as High flyers,,, do like to fly.
Fantails,, and King pigeons,, tend to stay on the ground. I classify them as garden pigeons. (just my own classification)
What kind of pigeons are you considering getting??? Also,, what kind are easily available to you.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom