Pigeon Talk

Definitely no point in walking outside with a cigarette in your mouth either! :lol:

I will get some this spring. I do have some of them flipping in place, when I had them in the office, but not actually rolling.
:lau
And definately not a good idea to put your tongue on a lamppost!
:gig

@biophiliac how are your birds doing?
So far OK. Taking water several times trying to be sure no one misses a drink, it freezes so fast! Ran out of reg corn so I got them some cracked corn which they like. They are mostly staying in the loft on their perches and look like they are feeling it. I'll be looking in on them again soon. One more night of brutal cold and it should start to improve - above freezing by the weekend.:fl

So far OK. Taking water several times trying to be sure no one misses a drink, it freezes so fast! Ran out of reg corn so I got them some cracked corn which they like. They are mostly staying in the loft on their perches and look like they are feeling it. I'll be looking in on them again soon. One more night of brutal cold and it should start to improve - above freezing by the weekend.:fl
Im glad they're doin ok.. but hate you're having to deal with freezing water constantly..:hugs
And how are you holding up?

Im glad they're doin ok.. but hate you're having to deal with freezing water constantly..:hugs
And how are you holding up?
I'm fine. I wouldn't want to go far but the loft is literally steps away from my door and my dog Tucker cooperates very quickly when he needs to go out, so it's all good as long as my birds make it. I admit I wish I could give them a little heat under these conditions but I'm told they'll be fine.:D

I'm fine. I wouldn't want to go far but the loft is literally steps away from my door and my dog Tucker cooperates very quickly when he needs to go out, so it's all good as long as my birds make it. I admit I wish I could give them a little heat under these conditions but I'm told they'll be fine.:D
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
Glad Tucker is cooperating too! :love

That's good. I heard it was about another 48 hrs then it'll get warmer. Can they have warm water for drinking?
I get their water out of the filter 'thing' so it's cool but not cold. I considered giving a warm mash but it would freeze so fast, before they decide to come down from their perches. I'm hoping the cracked corn will give some easily digested calories.
We get to a high of 15F on Fri then 34F on Sat...:ya

Back
Top Bottom