Pigeon Talk

Here too. Feels like a heat waaaaave! :wee

:D

So I checked Shadows eggs. Not fertile. :(
Do I take them now or leave them until she gives up on them? I feel so sorry for her. She has been sitting so diligently.
Oh I'm so sorry !
See what Sour says... I'm guessing maybe take them and let them try again?
Edit Oops, I see he already answered.:D

I'd leave them until they give up on the setting or at least another couple of weeks. By then conditions will be better for incubation. First nests are sometimes infertile. I wonder if they have problems mating because of their tendency to roll. "Oops, I fell off and can't get back on." :lau

:lau
I do believe this is her first nest. I believe the man told me Bonnie and Clyde had hatched a couple different times, but the parlors had not. So that makes sense.

Oh I'm so sorry !
See what Sour says... I'm guessing maybe take them and let them try again?
Edit Oops, I see he already answered.:D

I was with you in taking them, but it does make sense that conditions may be better in a couple more weeks. I sure hope so!

There is a lot of nest material in the newest Satinette nest bowl. I’m not sure who is collecting it, but someone is. :D
And Bonnie and Clyde are definitely considering another set. Rabbits!

I'd leave them until they give up on the setting or at least another couple of weeks. By then conditions will be better for incubation. First nests are sometimes infertile. I wonder if they have problems mating because of their tendency to roll. "Oops, I fell off and can't get back on." :lau
What if another pair lays in the meantime, could she give one egg to Shadow and Java?
:lau
I do believe this is her first nest. I believe the man told me Bonnie and Clyde had hatched a couple different times, but the parlors had not. So that makes sense.

I was with you in taking them, but it does make sense that conditions may be better in a couple more weeks. I sure hope so!

There is a lot of nest material in the newest Satinette nest bowl. I’m not sure who is collecting it, but someone is. :D
And Bonnie and Clyde are definitely considering another set. Rabbits!
The newest bowl - that's a different pair? not B&C claiming a second nest bowl?

What if another pair lays in the meantime, could she give one egg to Shadow and Java?

The newest bowl - that's a different pair? not B&C claiming a second nest bowl?

Shadow and Java are separated from the rest, in their own little private place. I suppose it could be B&C claiming another bowl, but I’ve seen one of the other males in that bowl doing is coaxing thing. Just not sure if any girls are interested. :D
I really don’t want any of them to start another nest right now anyway. I just saw a bunch of stuff in the bowl that I didn’t put in there.

Back
Top Bottom