Pigeon Talk

I cooked my first pigeon egg today.
P1010620.JPG

I let my dog have it.

I also have some houben blood, but not directly from the line pure line. I originally got interested in pigeons well im not quite sure, but several years ago, then I got my original 4 rollers about 2 years ago and well pigeon math hit so now im more into homers. I live in Tn. How do you create your avater? And pics tommorrow! Hopefully!
You are smart to breed from your trio before releasing any. It sounds like you know a lot about pigeons. :thumbsup I started with six hens and 2 cockbirds and their offspring were the first ones I let fly. After they were homeset I then let the original birds out.

My birds are from racing stock too and the 2 original cockbirds supposedly have Houbens blood. I like to believe they would home from a long distance if trained. I am embarrassed to say I have done exactly ZERO training tosses.:oops:

The expense would prevent me from racing in a combine but a One Loft Race might be possible sometime.

How did you become interested in pigeons?

What part of the world do you live in?

When are you going to make an Avatar?

Show us some pics of your birds?

:D

I am going to use it. I have just gone with a tarp that I replace with a second one. However since my flock has increased I find more issues with ammonia smell I feel this will solve my problem. Thank you for sharing.
@biophiliac
Your tarp method is also good especially for fewer birds I think. @WVduckchick and @Pyxis should consider it too.

edit I hope the pellets will be less messy and not migrate to the corners like the shavings.:fl

Back
Top Bottom