Pigeon Talk

First egg was laid two days ago. Figure they’ll lay another today since they didn’t yesterday. That’s the almond cock in the photo. He spend more time on the nest than mom does...

31C257DA-B348-4232-8D02-9470AC261694.jpeg

First egg was laid two days ago. Figure they’ll lay another today since they didn’t yesterday. That’s the almond cock in the photo. He spend more time on the nest than mom does...

View attachment 1600202
:love One of the BEST looking cockbirds I've seen. He will be a good dad taking his turn on the nest. I had one who would only sit for 3 hours or so, the bum! lol

That looks pretty good!

Really? We like squirrel. I figured you would.
Nope..:lau
I used to hunt and clean them for my granny and pap when I was a teen but never liked eating them..:sick
A rabbit lives under my loft and fine with me for the squirrels to go there too. ... I'm going to do like @cavemanrich and try to train them to a feed spot outside the loft/aviary. Otherwise they will have to be tolerated.:confused:
@cavemanrich - Take care and be safe! I believe you might be experiencing blizzard conditions today. I am north of I-94 and expecting only flurries.
I think feeding them away from the loft is a good idea too!
X2 Caveman!
Be safe, all of you in the path of this storm!
X2.. again..:fl

View attachment 1600202
:love:love

Surprised by this. My pigeons have regular pigeon waterers for full beak dunking, but the pen that I put them in also had pvc tube with nipple waterers for the chickens that were there before (it extends further into the next chicken pen). The pigeons have learned to drink from them. I won’t remove their regular ones, but it’s nice to know they can drink from the nipples too.
96CAAAA6-A639-43B5-AB5B-E9A73587126A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom