Pigeon Talk

I have one of these. It will engrave whatever you want to write free-hand. Wont wash off or peel away ether.
That's exactly what I need! I think I'll try engraving one and brushing a bit of paint into the grooves. Thanks :)
Good luck Pyxis. I sure hope they are successful.

Anybody else working from home? Or on lockdown??

I made the decision to take a leave from my workplace because I work at an essential business where the customers were barely complying with our social distancing guidelines and not taking it seriously like Pyxis said, and I have high-risk family members at home that I don't want to bring it home to.

Welp :/ I had my last day at work today before our move and the stress is piling on! We have so much stuff to transport in a 4 day roadtrip!!! Also Soup & Wallace's Child remains alive @ ~16 days now! born on March 17. But I'm still a bit confused cause baby has been putting on plenty on size (1/4 to 1/3 mom and dad's size still though) but not a ton of feathers?? My homers seemed to feather out immediately and then hit a secondary growth spurt but this baby seems to be backwards... Looks and acts healthy but he'll be going on a roadtrip of a lifetime in a week and I'm still worried as to his temperature control due to few feathers. Is feathering this slow normal in Fancies? Mom and dad don't seem to really groom him or get on the nest at all unless for feedings. If it's not normal is it cause he's focusing on staying warm? This seems unlikely to me but ynk. Baby gets about 4 feedings daily 2 stomach stuffers and 2 top offs, but other than his slow feathering he seems to be doing great! Mom and dad started him on seeds around 1 week but his poops officially look like large solid bird produce as of this morning versus the tiny baby poops before now, hopefully this means he's getting good nutrition, and those feathers finally show up lol. Here's him from the 25th to 27th to today
IMG_20200401_172956971.jpg
IMG_20200327_132318927.jpg
IMG_20200325_181701913.jpg

Naughty hen makes narrow escape!:yesss:
#743, a 2018 hen raising yet another set of squeakers,(she is Doo's widow, now paired with Lonan), yesterday barely escaped a hawk attack. She has been very naughty, determined to slip out the people door when I go in the loft. Even when I am expecting it she manages to get by me, being a very agile flyer. She flew thru a gap no wider than 5 inches recently when I had the door nearly closed!:he So when she gets out I release a few others so she's not out there all by herself.
Awhile later my brother told me he thought another of my birds was taken since there were a lot of feathers in the road. He and I walked over for a closer look (I always get a bad feeling in my gut when this happens:hit). The amount of white feathers made me think it was 743. Oddly, there was no blood observed. The feathers were not in a pile, but rather strung out in a line along the curb for about 20 ft. There were not as many feathers as I might have expected. I did see some tail feathers...

I peeked inside the loft and came face-to-face with #743 who roosts just to the left of the door. Eyes bright, alert posture, no blood visible from this angle, … I breathed a sigh of relief and thought that's good enough for now.

This morning I knew I had to find out which of my birds was missing feathers. While she was perched in the aviary it was easy to see she is missing every one of her tail feathers, leaving a smooth, pink, bald patch on her bum! By 'she' I mean #743. I guess some times it's better to be lucky than smart. LOL

Naughty hen makes narrow escape!:yesss:
#743, a 2018 hen raising yet another set of squeakers,(she is Doo's widow, now paired with Lonan), yesterday barely escaped a hawk attack. She has been very naughty, determined to slip out the people door when I go in the loft. Even when I am expecting it she manages to get by me, being a very agile flyer. She flew thru a gap no wider than 5 inches recently when I had the door nearly closed!:he So when she gets out I release a few others so she's not out there all by herself.
Awhile later my brother told me he thought another of my birds was taken since there were a lot of feathers in the road. He and I walked over for a closer look (I always get a bad feeling in my gut when this happens:hit). The amount of white feathers made me think it was 743. Oddly, there was no blood observed. The feathers were not in a pile, but rather strung out in a line along the curb for about 20 ft. There were not as many feathers as I might have expected. I did see some tail feathers...

I peeked inside the loft and came face-to-face with #743 who roosts just to the left of the door. Eyes bright, alert posture, no blood visible from this angle, … I breathed a sigh of relief and thought that's good enough for now.

This morning I knew I had to find out which of my birds was missing feathers. While she was perched in the aviary it was easy to see she is missing every one of her tail feathers, leaving a smooth, pink, bald patch on her bum! By 'she' I mean #743. I guess some times it's better to be lucky than smart. LOL
Lol, maybe she won't be able to sneak out the door as easy for a while now that she is missing her "rudder"

Back
Top Bottom