Pigeon Talk

So... my pigeons have had a nest for around three weeks now, and still no eggs.
All pigeons are not going to follow same accepted rules and guidelines. The 10 days to 2 weeks is the usual time for many pigeons, BUT NOT ALL. :idunno
Also;
Pyxis' pigeons would lay only one egg, and were not very good at incubating that ether. While others have had 3 eggs and all hatched.
I only have had 2 eggs at a time, and did not really track on the time when they started nesting, and when eggs arrived.
BTW how is your rescue service:hugs rolling along especially during these difficult quarantine times?

Rescues going good. I have two roosters for adoption but of course, no one wants them because (A): they are roosters, and (B:) coronavirus. Someone recently wanted to give me 20+ roosters but I just couldn’t take that many. It crushed my heart because if they don’t get new homes, they’ll all be euthanized and I wish I could do something for them.

I got a message from someone about the fantails. He lives about 20 miles from me. I want to sell 6 of them and keep 2. He said he would take all 6 and keep them together but since the message all travel across UK has been stopped apart from essential journeys. I know we believe collecting pigeons is essential but the police won't. They are handing out fines now. I will hold onto them for now but how long this situation continues is anyone's guess. I may swap the for sale fantails into the smaller loft and then the arcs will have more space and privacy for nesting.

Screenshot_20200330-193031_Video Player.jpg

Has anyone ever had success printing like a label out and putting it on a band? I think I might want to make one of her snap-ons have my phone number on it just in case she ever gets loose

View attachment 2068824
Has anyone ever had success printing like a label out and putting it on a band? I think I might want to make one of her snap-ons have my phone number on it just in case she ever gets loose
And look at their yellow friendship bracelets! Aww! :love

I have never tried to make a band. It would have to be waterproof which would get tricky. Your best bet is to buy some... I think... But for just one, the price would be annoying!

Back
Top Bottom