Pigeon Talk

I must say, I have to agree with them there. And a lot cheaper to.

Adding on and modifying something old may not be as exciting as building a new one, but it is cheaper and easier and faster.
perhaps, but anything takes lots of time and practice to learn. I say go with your family's idea! I have disagreed with many ideas my dad has had, but they often end up better than I had hoped for. I didn't even like the idea of this: View attachment 2488243

But it all worked out in the end! Parents really do have some good ideas... ;)

I have since gotten rid of this loft and replaced it with this: View attachment 2488255 :oops: :idunno

Oh yes there is! I only wanted a max of ten birds, but here I am, at fifty three pigeons.

After all, it all started with 4 pigeons...
Yeah your probably right. I jump to conclusions to often and I didn't stop and think about the fact that theres multiple ways to do things. My family wanted to only modify the top part but now we see how the whole thing could make one huge loft! They even said to go ahead and draw plans so that they can really see what I mean (those plans probably won't be used but it's useful to have a rough idea of what we want.)

Last edited:
Ok I've looked over the playhouse thing and it looks like it would be fairly easy to convert into a loft! The whole thing is built to last but it's also nice and simple! It is kind of odd though because of how tall it is but we're probably going to replace the whole roof and add a better one on that's also going to be a few feet lower. If my family agrees to the plan then we'll have it'll be 7' long, 4' wide, and 8' tall. it'll have a trap on the side and possibly some nesting boxes but I feel like that may be pushing it a little.

Last edited:
What's a good size for a pigeon nesting box?
Oh boy. I have heard anything from "three feet long two feet deep two feet high" to "I just use my Clementine boxes".

remember, if you ask ten pigeon guys a question, you are going to get ten different answers!

but my most successful boxes are 26 long and 16 deep and 12 high. Build them pretty deep, they feel safer that way. If I re do my boxes there gonna be 26 long and 20 deep.

Oh boy. I have heard anything from "three feet long two feet deep two feet high" to "I just use my Clementine boxes".

remember, if you ask ten pigeon guys a question, you are going to get ten different answers!

but my most successful boxes are 26 long and 16 deep and 12 high. Build them pretty deep, they feel safer that way. If I re do my boxes there gonna be 26 long and 20 deep.
:eek: 3 feet long!? The wall that the nest Boxes will be attached to is only 4 feet long! I'll probably only have two - four nest boxes. I've begun to draw a basic plan of what I want for the loft and I keep realizing that I still need to decide on all the little details!

Last edited:
Poor thing! I don't believe it flew across the ocean but either way they shouldn't kill it! If it's that big if a concern then they can quarantine it! I mean they could also send it back to America but that's not very likely since that would cost money.
Its silly. Its not a racer despite what they say, so there's no way it would have made that trip. Also, don't people realize that you can but counterfeit ARPU bands in other countries? Look on eBay! There used to be a seller from Australia. The bird could be from Australia despite the band.

Back
Top Bottom