Pigeon Talk

Its silly. Its not a racer despite what they say, so there's no way it would have made that trip. Also, don't people realize that you can but counterfeit ARPU bands in other countries? Look on eBay! There used to be a seller from Australia. The bird could be from Australia despite the band.
Yeah I did actually notice that it looked more like some sort of fancy pigeon than a racer. I didn't realize that counterfeit pigeon leg bands were a thing though!

Yeah I did actually notice that it looked more like some sort of fancy pigeon than a racer. I didn't realize that counterfeit pigeon leg bands were a thing though!
Yes, people are stupid at times... Like, seriously??? We are racing pigeons, why are you cheating!!?

One moron this year made a fake ARPU band that started with a 0. ARPU doesn't make bands that start with 0. Needless to say, he lost his racing rights!

The point in counterfeit bands is.... In racing, there are OB and YB races. Well, if you make bands a year or more in advance with a year yet to come, you can race an old bird that's more reliable in a Young bird race. It happens quite a bit sadly.

In the wise words of @cavemanrich "where money is cheaters are" :old

Its silly. Its not a racer despite what they say, so there's no way it would have made that trip. Also, don't people realize that you can but counterfeit ARPU bands in other countries? Look on eBay! There used to be a seller from Australia. The bird could be from Australia despite the band.
'It is from AU with a counterfeit band. It's a hen and not a homer. Lol
Alan Archer made a vid debunking the story. :)
Edit - I see @Birbseeb posted the vid. :thumbsup ,

I remember a story about a pigeon caught somewhere in North america, that was supposed to be from China, or Japan. I forgot all the details already, since it was a couple years ago.
I simply did not believe the story,,, as told, that bird made a 8,000 mile journey. even though they showed the leg band. I suspected that someone wanted to make a fantastic incredible story, and have everyone amazed.... :old :gig

When I was in Europe, I could have simply talked to some pigeon owners, and got some "genuine bands" Brought them home to US, and installed them onto my new-hatched squabs. ..... I would of course choose racing homers to make more real. Then when Pigeons were about 1 year old and kept prisoner,,,, take 100 miles away, and toss.
They would end up in someones' loft eventually. not likely mine, so I would be in the clear, and with no connection. I would only be the HOAX perpetrator.
:gig@backyard pigeons ,,,, Do you suspect I have a criminal mind:old:gig even though there is no monetary gain in it for me:idunno

I smell HOAX all over that Australian Pigeon. Story.:old

I remember a story about a pigeon caught somewhere in North america, that was supposed to be from China, or Japan. I forgot all the details already, since it was a couple years ago.
I simply did not believe the story,,, as told, that bird made a 8,000 mile journey. even though they showed the leg band. I suspected that someone wanted to make a fantastic incredible story, and have everyone amazed.... :old :gig

When I was in Europe, I could have simply talked to some pigeon owners, and got some "genuine bands" Brought them home to US, and installed them onto my new-hatched squabs. ..... I would of course choose racing homers to make more real. Then when Pigeons were about 1 year old and kept prisoner,,,, take 100 miles away, and toss.
They would end up in someones' loft eventually. not likely mine, so I would be in the clear, and with no connection. I would only be the HOAX perpetrator.
:gig@backyard pigeons ,,,, Do you suspect I have a criminal mind:old:gig even though there is no monetary gain in it for me:idunno

I smell HOAX all over that Australian Pigeon. Story.:old
I can see how that makes a lot more sense than the pigeon somehow traveling 8,000 MILES across WATER.

Yes on all counts.

'It is from AU with a counterfeit band. It's a hen and not a homer. Lol
Alan Archer made a vid debunking the story. :)
Edit - I see @Birbseeb posted the vid. :thumbsup ,

Proven to be true.

Back
Top Bottom