Pigeon Talk

By far the easiest way would be to catch them when they’re sleeping, but if he’s hanging with ferals it could be in a very inaccessible place. He seems pretty tame if you got that close, maybe a big net? You could even try the old trick propping a box up with some food underneath and pulling it down with a string when he goes under.
Thank you for the ideas! Though that picture is zoomed in and cropped, he wouldn’t let me get too close.

I’ve also seen this pigeon with a different feral flock a couple times. She isn’t injured, and she’s very fast, so I haven’t been able to catch her either. Thankfully she seems integrated with the ferals.
2AA22F71-F690-44E7-80B1-847E7EB48814.jpeg

I currently have no pigeons. Years ago I did bird rehabbing and handfed a feral baby pigeon. We bonded, but alas, it wasn't meant to be and I had to find a home for it. But it left a lasting impression on me for over 20 years, with a weak spot in my heart for pigeons in general. I hope it isn't another 20 years before I get some. My favorite breed is short faced Budapest. But I'd love another street pigeon just as much.

Thanks for asking.

Back
Top Bottom