Pigeons and ducks together?

tadpole98

Songster
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Missouri
Do ducks fight with pigeons when put together? I would have them in a 12' x 12' enclosed pen. thing is they would have to share the water source which would be a 6' x 6' inground pool.

I don't...not because they would fight....but more likely the pigeons would drown, or get covered in mud....I don't believe it's a good mix.

Clint

Good thinking. But how else do wild pigeons drink? Do they drown when they go out for a drink in an outside pond deal? I don't think it would make sense that they would drown either, but it is something to consider. :)

Wild pigeons can decide where they drink....they are not forced to drink somewhere....

Clint

Wild pigeons can decide where they drink....they are not forced to drink somewhere....

Clint
Any animal that has access to two or more places for water can decide where to drink. I was just saying if they only have a lake to drink out of. Like last year, all ponds were dried up and all they would have were the big lakes that had a little left in them.

Hello, I think they should be fine only because one of my friends pigeons beat up a pheasant to defend its egg they are fairly tough birds
old.gif
however be very careful with the squabs if a hatchling falls on the ground there's a good chance the ducks will maul it to death or eat it . Good luck !! :)

I would make sure when they hatch an egg that the chick wouldnt be able to fallout. Not sure how but I know I could think of something!

Back
Top Bottom