Piglet HELP!

Florida chick

Songster
12 Years
Jan 19, 2008
:lol:OK someone needs to take down the GO TO THE COHEN'S house sign that MUST be in the woods! LOL SERIOUSLY! The horses were trying to stomp this THING I run out there and its a PIGLET! I finally caught the lil thing screaming and oinking. I put it in a pen and gave it Gatorade it drank and drank and drank... What do I do with it? feed it what? Help please? is it wild? No one near me with pigs the neighbors I did ask LAUGHED and said better you than me! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ksohmc/Picture006.jpg

definitely not wild breed it appears to be yorkshire/hamshire cross if noone claims it pen it up and be prepared to feed.

I would go to the feed store and buy some pig chow and start feeding it. If you keep doing that for about 5 months you will have a 250 lb porker that you can put in your freezer.

Feed it hog food.
lau.gif

Most feed stores sell hog pellets. They can eat all ur kitchen scraps. Look forward to freezer full of meat in a few months.

I used to have a pig just like that. She was a Blue Butt (York/Hamp Cross), but I sold her at the county fair. That one looks pretty young. It might still need milk.

judging by the size does it have it's tail or has it been clipped ?? if it is missing somebody had to clip it off(sounds cruel but you want weight to go for piggy not tail)

We just got some five week old piglets this past week. I went to the feed store and bought pig starter and mixed it with milk and egg. they love it. At first I gave them some bread broken up into pieces and soaked with milk till I got to the feed store the following morning. I also put a bit of chops...chopped up corn but it is in the pig starter so just that with milk and egg will be great for them to start out on. Make a soupy mess of it and it will scarf it up. OH, if you decide to keep it...get some worming meds. from the feed store and worm it.

Last edited:
It doesn't look big enough to be a full sized pig to me, it looks alot like some of the mini breed piglets we use to have! It's cute, I'd take it!

Back
Top Bottom