Piles o' feathers...predator?

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
Nope! Just molting. lol

We have 40 some chickens and a few ducks running around our yard. Last night it looked like every chicken on the place must have been de-feathered by predators, but no....every cotton pickin' one of 'em is molting.

If the wind blows, the neighbors will think we are having a snow storm!

I have one chicken moulting now and I think that's a lot of feathers....WOW - I can't imagine all those feathers from 40 chickens.......what do you do with them all?

Between my geese, turkey, ducks and chickens, it looks like it's snowing in Florida on my front lawn.....
lol.png

no problem! it was one of the things i included in my "Why I Should Get Chickens" presentation that i made to the "Farm Council". see, 12 members of my family live here on the farm and major decisions have to be approved by the Council (which is usually all of us sitting around my grandparent's table, arguing about which "schemes" make sense and which don't) and there haven't been chickens here in probably 20 years.

luckily for me, my grandfather loves home grown stuff of any kind and my dad and uncle love fly fishing!

Back
Top Bottom