Pilgrim Geese thread

Even found a well hidden nest in their time-out pen! Looks like one of the young girls is making it, well, she was sitting on it. 5 eggs in there too! Found another in the chicken coop. The IA pair has claimed that location. Now to figure out where to put who. Had pens set up, but now want them somewhere else. Post pounding for me today!

Sadly i lost my pilgrim geese to a snake
hit.gif
they were only young
barnie.gif

i dont know if you can see them in the middle us
2 males named priscilus and oolie
1 female named hilda
im getting 1 male and 1 female.

I would love to get Pilgrims,but I have heard that finding pure ones are hard to find. We had Pilgrims when I was a kid growing up. I think I'll check out the chicken swap in Maryland next month and see if I can find a few.

Sadly i lost my pilgrim geese to a snake
hit.gif
they were only young
barnie.gif

i dont know if you can see them in the middle us
2 males named priscilus and oolie
1 female named hilda
im getting 1 male and 1 female.
Are you sure it wasn't snapping turtles. They will get goslings and ducklings when on the water. Sorry for your loss.

I would love to get Pilgrims,but I have heard that finding pure ones are hard to find. We had Pilgrims when I was a kid growing up. I think I'll check out the chicken swap in Maryland next month and see if I can find a few.
They are lovely geese hope you find some. also check out the Buy Sell Trade thread here on BYC.

Are you sure it wasn't snapping turtles. They will get goslings and ducklings when on the water. Sorry for your loss.

no they didnt get taken in the water they were taken at night when we were sleeping and my brother heard them

That could have been fox, coyote, raccoon, opossum, skunk, mink, weasel, fisher...pretty much anything at night.

That could have been fox, coyote, raccoon, opossum, skunk, mink, weasel, fisher...pretty much anything at night.

we dont have coyote, raccoon, skunk, mink, weasels or fishers here in AUS, NSW and its not time foxes or possums and my brother sore the snake

Ahhhh, yup. That would explain it. Snakes are huge way down there. Didn't check your location. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom