Pin Worms? Round Worms? What?

DDRanch

Songster
12 Years
Feb 15, 2008
California
HEllo BYC Community

My flock is 11 mo old and recently I have noticed several have very smelly diarrhea. Today I observed fresh runny poo with tiny little worms.I have not experienced worms, so need some guidance from you please.

I have been searching the forum to determine the type of worm for treatment but cannot find pictures of the various types of worms.

Can someone please direct me?

Thank you.

You could post a picture if possible. Most worms other than roundworms and tapes are hard to see. Valbazen 1/2 ml orally, then repeated in 10 days will get most chicken worms. If you can't get ?Valbazen, then get SafeGuard Liquid Goat wormer, and give 1/4 ml per pound of weight orally for 5 days in a row.

Dog and chickens tend to get different worms for their species. My dogs eat chicken droppings, yet they always test negative for worms at the vet's each year.

i should add that none of my hens are displaying any troublesome behaviors...no coughing, no wheezing, no droopy tails, no inactivity. Flock is acting perfectly normal.

thank you, am off to feed store for Valbazen.

Dog and chickens tend to get different worms for their species. My dogs eat chicken droppings, yet they always test negative for worms at the vet's each year.

Thank you. Am off to feed store for Valbazen.

Back
Top Bottom