pine chips

lindylou47

Chirping
7 Years
May 26, 2012
Wa.
Good Morning. I am in a real quandary. I have been raising chickens for about 5 years, (Ducks Too). All of a sudden, they hate their Pine shavings. The eldest almost follow right after me, and knock the shavings off as soon as I put them in. We have always used the same shavings as we use now.
It makes it much messier cleaning the feces off the wire. The coop has two floors of course, with shavings on the top, and straw on the bottom. The run itself is dirt. The top is where they lay their eggs, and all of a sudden they refuse to have the shaving there. Anybody have any idea why they started doing this?
I would appreciate your opinions! Thanks, Linda

LindyLou.........Wish I caould help...but I have no idea why your gals suddenly dislike their pine bedding.???? I use it in our pen and coop too and the only time the hens toss it out is when they are 'making thier nest' of the day.

If there's a certain spot theyre kicking the shavings out of, maybe you can add a lip there to keep most of them in?

Whenever I add new bedding, my flock goes crazy. They'll go in and kick it all over the place, I guess because its something new and fresh to pick through!

Back
Top Bottom